NBA 2018-19: Does the Least-ern Conference Have avChance?

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Captain Clark Terrell, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Captain Clark Terrell

Captain Clark Terrell Commodore Commodore

With the NBA preseason tipping off tonight, I thought I’d get our thread for 2018-19 started. Have at it, everyone!

2. SadakoStuff

SadakoStuff Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Sixers will make it interesting but the way I see it, the East is Boston and then everyone else. Still, maybe there'll be some surprises with LeBron out of the conference.

3. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm a huge Celtic fan, and I do think they're the favorites, but I think it's going to be extremely tight competition between them, the Raptors and 76ers. And remember the Celtics' conference dominance depends on two stars rebounding fully from injury and a second year player fully rising to high expectations. If ALLLLL those things happen, maybe they have a 20-30% shot against Golden State in a seven game series. Especially if Golden State has the kind of regular season struggles they did last year and Boston can steal home court advantage.

4. gblews

gblews Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

LeBron's first game in the purple and gold was surreal. Our defense against the Nuggs was total crap but the flashes I saw on offense have me very excited. Man, Rondo and LeBron passing the ball are a sight to behold. Cannot wait to see Lonzo mixed in. His presence will help our defense as well.

Can't say yet how much winning we'll do, but this team is going to be fun to watch.

5. JirinPanthosa

Irving looking great, Hayward looking like he still needs to find his rhythm. Tatum looking great.

Robert Williams looking strong in preseason, though getting a little too much credit because he passed a ball instead of making a showoffy dunk. Could be a strong defensive sub by end of the season.

6. JirinPanthosa

So...I'm just going to pretend Kyrie isn't a flat-earther so I can still root for him.

Maybe when I go to a Celts game this year I will carry a sign that says ‘Kyrie: Great at basketball, bad at science’ and has drawing of him standing on round Earth.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  7. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Vice Admiral Premium Member

R.I.P. to Tex Winter at 96, creator of the triangle offense. I'm not a huge BBall fan, but those Bulls championship teams were practically unstoppable, along with the Lakers teams he worked with. He certainly made it possible for multiple superstars to shine on the same offense in a way rarely seen.