My Voyager Rewatch

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Odo, Jan 10, 2022.

1. SirMurderFace

SirMurderFace Ensign Newbie

The voyager box sets are super expensive. Plus they are all out of print. That's why I wanted to locate the plastic shells.

2. Summer Solstice

Summer Solstice Captain Captain

I rewatched Voyager over lockdown (totally agree with the "comfort Trek" comments) and I thought I'd share some statistics with you.

They landed the ship in The 37's (Tom), Basics I (Kazon I think), Basics II (Tom), Demon (Chakotay lands the ship, Tom flies it off the planet), Dragon's Teeth (Tom), Nightingale (probably Tom).
    They also technically landed the ship in Timeless (Tom). That's about once per season.

12 lost shuttles - I might have missed some but I'm not counting ones that were probably repairable (like in Coda) or ones they might have retrieved off-screen (like in Hunters), just ones that were definitely lost.
    1. Initiations (destroyed by Kazon, Chakotay piloting the shuttlecraft)
    2. Non Sequitur (hull breach, Harry piloting the shuttlecraft)
    3. Unity (taken apart by former Borg)
    4. Rise (crashed, Tuvok and Neelix on board)
    5. The Gift (destroyed by Kes when she became non-corporal)
    6. Day of Honor (hull breach, Tom piloting the shuttlecraft)
    7. Nemesis (probably shot down, Chakotay piloting the shuttlecraft)
    8. Counterpoint - 2 shuttles given to the telepaths. It's not clear whether they got them back later.
    9. Gravity (crashed, Tom piloting the shuttlecraft)
    10. Dark Frontier (destroyed by the Borg)
    11. Unimatrix Zero I (destroyed by Borg, Janeway, B'Elanna and Tuvok on board before that point)
    I think they must have started the shuttlecraft building department by the start of season 4, but probably earlier.

Janeway set the self-destruct mechanism in Dreadnought, Deadlock and tried to set it in Basics I but the system was damaged so it didn't work. That's far fewer times than I would have guessed before rewatching.
    Janeway flew Voyager in Dreadnought (flying at the Dreadnought), Scientific Method (between the binary pulsars) and Demon (trying to take off from the planet).

22 episodes didn't have aliens in (other than the Voyager crew):
    • 2 in season 1 (Parallax, Learning Curve)
    • 3 in season 2 (Threshold, Meld, Tuvix)
    • 4 in season 3 (Future's End I & II, Real Life, Worst Case Scenario)
    • 2 in season 4 (The Gift, Mortal Coil)
    • 2 in season 5 (Once Upon A Time, Timeless)
    • 6 in season 6 (Barge of the Dead, One Small Step, Pathfinder, Fair Haven, Spirit Folk, Life Line)
    • 3 in season 7 (Lineage, Human Error, Author, Author)

There were fewer episodes with aliens from the Alpha and Beta Quadrants than I thought. Quite a few were former Borg. I haven't counted episodes like Flesh and Blood which had hologram aliens.
    • Romulans: 3 (Eye of the Needle, Unity, Message in a Bottle) - in two of these episodes the Romulans were in the Beta Quadrant.
    • Klingons: 3 (Unimatrix Zero I and II, Prophecy) (I'm not counting Flashback and Barge of the Dead)
    • Cardassians: 2 (Unity, Unimatrix Zero I)
    • Ferengi: 2 (False Profits, Inside Man)

There were 59 episodes where they used the holodeck.

3. Oddish

Oddish Admiral Admiral

They must have had the shuttle construction team running full bore by "Alice", because Chakotay said they had a full complement of shuttles, plus the Delta Flyer.

Impressive set of stats, by the way.

Summer Solstice likes this.
  4. Summer Solstice

Thanks.

Yes, definitely. I have no idea how many shuttles is a full complement of shuttles, maybe 3? I think we see at least 5 on the Enterprise D but it's a massive ship so I would expect Voyager to have less.

5. Oddish

Oddish Admiral Admiral

It's a deep space exploration ship, probably designed to have generous amounts of anything it normally uses. Maybe it only had 38 photons because with its exceptionally high top speed, it was just figured that it could escape trouble. So, maybe it had more shuttles than proportionally appropriate for a ship its size.

6. Summer Solstice

That would make a lot of sense. There were quite a few episodes where they remembered that the walls didn't have proper soundproofing (I didn't make a list of them) so the writers did seem to remember that Voyager left spacedock early. Perhaps there were enough shuttles available for Voyager to take when they left but not enough photon torpedos.

7. Oddish

Oddish Admiral Admiral

That would make sense. Maybe they figured Voyager would pick up a hundred or so more after the Maquis milk run. And its actual operations officer (because why would their ops officer be a kid right out of the academy).

8. Farscape One

Farscape One Vice Admiral Admiral

Nice going on the stats. However, with the shuttles...

"PARTURITION" - I don't think they were able to salvage that one. It crashed, and the aliens were getting hostile, so they likely had to get out quick.

"REAL LIFE" - I don't remember if the shuttle was destroyed, but I think it was. They barely got Tom back.

"NATURAL LAW" - Chakotay piloted. That shuttle was blown to pieces.

9. Summer Solstice

I think you're right about "Parturition", but although the shuttle in "Natural Law" was in pieces they beamed up all the pieces and the pieces we saw were quite big. I can't remember whether they just beamed Tom back or Tom and the shuttle in "Real Life".