My Trek Through Enterprise

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Spock/Uhura Fan, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Spock/Uhura Fan

Spock/Uhura Fan Captain Captain

Mmm. That sounds yummy. :)

Oh wow. Even the dog didn't like it. I think that's when you know you might have some problems.

I could only imagine. The animosity towards Archer alone must have been a doozy. And thanks for modding. :)

2. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    So I guess the question is: what up's for viewing next? (assuming you have the time, of course :))

3. Spock/Uhura Fan

Well, I thought about trying to watch TNG again. I've never seen most of it, but when I tried watching season 1 twice it didn't work out. Maybe 3rd times a charm?

4. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Like a lot of science fiction of the 80's and 90's you must grit your teeth and make your way through season 1 for the enjoyments that will (eventually) follow.

PS Come to VOY instead, we have gin rickeys!!

5. Spock/Uhura Fan

What's gin rickeys? And there's already a watch thread going on in there, but I might join it. I've looked at some Voyager since last I was actively here, and so I won't be so lost.

6. teacake

We have multiple watch threads multiple times, it is all cool.

A gin rickey is ice, gin, soda water and a twist of lime. They are the official drink of the VOY forum thanks to Kate Mulgrew's character on Mercy making pitchers of them and also on a personal note for me thanks to seeing Kate Mulgrew apparently ordering and drinking one at a convention. Life is sweet.

7. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

TNG's my second favorite series but yeah... season 1 is among the worst of Trek, I'll freely admit. Season two is average at best and it's really season 3 when the show finds it's own unique identity instead of falling back onto TOS seemingly.

Honestly, given the episodic nature of the show... you wouldn't miss much if you just skipped season 1 if you're having that much of a hard time getting through it.

8. teacake

Skipping stuff is bad, mmkay.

9. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It would be terrible if S/U Fan missed the gems that are Code of Honor or Angel One. ;)

10. Spock/Uhura Fan

@teacake Thanks. Sounds nice.

I'm so glad you said that. I think I might do that. I remember liking what I saw of it as a kid, and I know a lot of people that really like it as a series, so it would be nice to understand it. Plus I like Data.

11. Spock/Uhura Fan

Oh, I saw Code of Honor, but I don't know about Angel One. The one that I keep getting stuck on is the one where Lwanxana comes to visit Troi and there's this cheesy silver box that starts talking. Twice now, that's where I turn it off. I don't know why but I just couldn't do it.

12. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    I find TNG hard-going (bar a few episodes) but I'll read along if you do a rewatch :)

13. Spock/Uhura Fan

I think what I'll do is try to ride out season 1. If that works out, then I'll do a season 2 thread. If it really is too much, then I'll take a good break and do another show. It doesn't have to be Star Trek.

14. JoeD80

JoeD80 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That one's "Haven"

15. teacake

I don't even remember that. I do love Lwaxana on DS9. I really need to do a refresh of TNG some year.

16. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

I just started watching ENT today while at my office to take a break from my TNG rewatch. Other than its theme song (sorry, it just feels weird because it is so different from others....) I am liking it. Its refreshing to see Starfleet so new...and so unaccomstomed to basic futuristic ideas we've come to know as the norm in Trek. I am really intrigued by it and think I will try watching this series in its entirety before doing my TNG rewatch.

17. teacake

EXCELLENT!!

Hope you start a thread :)

Seasons 3 and 4 are particularly great.

18. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

Sure. I'm on my phone now so hard to start a thread cause its hard to type, but I think I will start a thread once I get back on my computer.

I really like the large Vulcan presence and the fact that humans barely know what's OUT there yet. I especially like in the first episode where the transporter is referred as new technology that isn't fit for human transport yet. :lol:

19. jespah

jespah Taller than a Hobbit Moderator

Fantastic! Would love to read your impressions. :)

20. BruntFCA

BruntFCA Commander Red Shirt

Don't worry you'll find that even most die-hard ENT fans hate the theme song, there's a new thread about how bad it is every couple of weeks.