My TNG and Voyager DVDs

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by JayTheTrekkie, Feb 8, 2017.

1. JayTheTrekkie

JayTheTrekkie Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Not sure if this is the right place to ask.

Many years ago, I have gotten The Next Generation DVDs and Voyager DVDs....they are the ones that were released back in 2002 and 2004 (for Voyager). I did not get the DS9 seasons on DVDs.

Now that there is the new TNG complete series set (which came out in 2016...not the blu ray version though) and Voyager series (coming soon) set.....I was thinking about replacing the old ones with the new ones. Thinking about getting the DS9 series set too even though I'm not big on DS9.

Is the quality (as in more clearer) any better in the new series sets than the old individual TNG season DVDs and Voyager season DVDs?

2. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

No, the episodes are exactly the same. There has never been any remastering or anything like that for DVD.

Kor

BillJ likes this.
  3. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Seems like it would be a no-brainer to get TNG on Blu-ray. The sets are spectacular and really cheap at this point.

4. JDobbs

JDobbs Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I have debated buying the Blue-Ray series for awhile now but with the convenience of Netflix or CBS All Access it's hard to justify. I plan on getting All Access for ST:Discovery anyways, and my wife watches CSI.

It's nice to have a library to look at though too! Haha

5. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

Don't forget all the extra features and behind-the-scenes stuff that you don't get from the streaming services.

Kor

6. Ralphis

Ralphis Captain Captain

I bought the TNG set you're talking about. I never had the original releases, but I did rent them a billion years ago when Netflix was just a DVD service, and comparing what I remember from those to what I just bought, it seems to be the same thing. I know TNG is available on Netlfix, Hulu, etc, but I still had to have a physical copy of it! As well as the DS9 re-release. Anyway, I'm perfectly fine with my TNG DVDs.

7. JayTheTrekkie

JayTheTrekkie Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Maybe I'll keep the TNG Blu Ray series set in mind since I have a blu ray DVD player.

Edit: On Amazon.ca, its $156 so I think I'll stick with the standard series set.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017