MW3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Haggis and tatties, Nov 8, 2011.

1. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

2. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Me getting my counter-snipe payback in style:
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2xCzK5IA1A[/yt]

3. captcalhoun

killed by a knife to the foot!

4. Yoda

I'm pretty deadly. Why do you think that helicopter exploded? A stinger? Nope, I just gave it a dirty look.

5. captcalhoun

6. Yoda

That double headshot with the P90 of yours is definitely a low probability event. Apparently it was the same bullet that killed both guys, so you had to have gotten them both to pretty low health before that shot landed since 1 P90 bullet won't kill to the head, and after penetrating the first guy it does even less damage.

But fine, ya don't like foot shots, in my defense though had he been up at the front of the window where I thought he was, that would've landed much higher on his body. Didn't realize he was at the very back of the hut.

Anyway, here are some knife headshots that I'm proud of :) :
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVJFIU9PX0U[/yt]
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWhoWWc9k7g[/yt]
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQeC6oLTVRk[/yt]

7. captcalhoun

8. Yoda

Finally set it up so I can upload full games from PC. Haven't been doing much PC though, probably won't buy the map packs, and no MOABs, but here was one of the better matches I had that was still in my Theater history:
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3SrUkSlFZQ[/yt]

9. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

Just thought I'd mention-I hit 8,000 rifle grenade kills this weekend. Best Weapon? PP90, with about 6400 kills. LOL. For some reason I'm 59% avoided for "poor sportsmanship".

10. Yoda

Hardcore noob tube kills? Blah, get that many in Core then I'd be impressed :)

11. Mistral

I'd say several hundred to a thousand were in Core. I swap around modes all of the time-and my team and I were on a CORE Defend kick for a while, too. Maybe a week or so. Either way, I'm not talking about easy point blank shots. Mine fly with style and finesse. At least some of the time. Could be worse-I could be posting numbers with a Ranged Striker. Now there's a challenging weapon in HC mode.:cardie:

12. Yoda

I'm on Prestige 20, hopefully they're done adding levels to that. Trying to level up the PKP pecheneg right now. Sweet Jesus, what an awful gun. I need to find a better combination of attachments, maybe Grip + Silencer? Grip + Rapid Fire is as close to a competent weapon as I've found so far. What it really needs is Kick, Speed, Rapid Fire, Silencer, and a Red Dot or maybe Thermal all at the same time.

13. captcalhoun

i've given up on the L86, my only LMG, i did okay with it to start with and then i went through this phase of getting my arse spanked all the time so i went back to SMGs or the M4 and then tried it again, did okay and then got my ass spanked again, so these days, i'm mostly using my M4/hardline/assault class for any assault chain daily challenges and my MP5 support class or my P90 or PP90M1 classes.

14. Mistral

If only you could fling the PKP at enemies-then it might be an effective weapon.

15. captcalhoun

i had a guy moan at me monday during a match, telling me to 'l2p' because i was using the PP90M1. He called it a 'nooby' weapon. i replied FU and carried on and finished 22 kills to 10 deaths. and my team won.

i got a triple kill at one point cuz three dumbasses were running together and i came around behind them and wasted them.

considering all the fuckers running around pissing me off with akimbo FMG9s or akimbo MP9s or fucking shotguns, i figure, what the hell, i'll use a bullet hose with X-mags and get some payback.

16. Yoda

I've been working on the M60, and I kind of miss the old PF Chang's now, it wasn't half bad with a grip and a silencer in the end.

The M60 on the other hand absolutely needs an alternate sight, which leaves me with grip or a silencer.. well once I have attachments unlocked for that POS. Right now Kick + Red Dot is not getting things done.

One thing I've learned leveling all the guns is that no matter what you use, sooner or later someone will complain and call it cheap if you do well with it. I really wonder when people freak out about me using the FAD or something when they're using an ACR. Usually when they do it, I just switch to the MP7 try-hard mode and piss em off even more.

Certain guns are just good, and others suck, that's just the way of COD. Not much point in getting mad at people using good guns while you use crappy ones. I use crappy guns for the fun factor and a change of pace. Why the hell would I get mad at someone because they happen to be using a good gun at the time? EVERYONE uses the good guns at some point.

I save my rage for people who deserve it, like Monsieur Crouch in the Corner and Wait for Someone to Run by.

17. captcalhoun

akimbo machine pistols are just cheap though. and the thing with shotguns was 2 guys rushing/corner jumping using shotguns in Seatown.

wankers.

corner jumping is as bad as drop-shotting.

18. Mistral

I figure, use whatever gun you want. Ranged strikers in hardcore area bit much-but I don't rage if someone has it. I just try to kill them fustest. I figure-they paid for the game, let them use what they want. And I'll do the same.:klingon::evil:

19. captcalhoun

so, has anyone tried Face Off yet?

i played a couple of 2v2 matches today, one Kill Confirmed on Aground and a TDM on the other map. i quite liked it. it seemed oddly reminiscent of Quake 2 and 3 or UT 2004 with the much smaller maps.

20. Yoda

I like faceoff at times. But it can be really annoying. Flashbang/grenade spam, and portable radars everywhere.

Also, for some reason they decided to make this month's elite content drops all Face Off maps... which feels like a total ripoff. And the new maps aren't even good...

U-Turn is an awful mess. It adheres to the MW3 map-design doctrine of "put rubble and cars everywhere for people to head-glitch on" better than any previous map. I absolutely hate it.

Intersection is actually not half bad, but it has a major major problem. The one two story building is an impenetrable death fortress. And it's also really easy to spawn trap behind the movie theater from there. When that isn't being abused though it's fairly fun.

Vortex is ok. Like just about every mw3 it suffers from too much clutter and headglitching... but what kills it is the spawn trapping in the corner by the farm house. It ends up being a real chore to play.