MU: Rise Like Lions by David Mack Review Thread (Spoilers!)

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Thrawn, Nov 22, 2011.

?

Rate Rise Like Lions.

1. Outstanding

63 vote(s)
    65.6%
  2. Above Average

29 vote(s)
    30.2%
  3. Average

2 vote(s)
    2.1%
  4. Below Average

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  5. Poor

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Is there anyway you cold incorporate it into a prose story?

2. David Mack

David Mack Writer Rear Admiral

I could try, but I think it would work better as a performance. (Anyone who's heard me tell the story of this lost scene knows why.)

3. Thrawn

Thrawn Rear Admiral Premium Member

Yep.

4. Technobuilder

Technobuilder Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well great, I've never heard the story of this "Lost" pitch and now I'm wondering where I can get the rundown.

ALSO:

David, are there currently any plans (or even thoughts) about going back to the Mirror Universe and exploring or maybe seeing agents of the Galactic Commonwealth interacting in the RU? I know I'm probably not alone in my appreciation of your work in the MU and turning it into another corner of Star Trek that really holds my interest.

Currently awaiting your Section 31: Disavowed novel.

5. David Mack

David Mack Writer Rear Admiral

I've talked about it on numerous podcasts over the years. But for now let's leave it as a tantalizing mystery…. :)

We can revisit this question after you've read Disavowed…. :evil:

6. Technobuilder

Technobuilder Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Alright, I'll super-sleuth and see what I can dig up.

Interesting... very interesting.

7. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So..... I only bought this novel this week, since events in this are appereantly part of Disavowed. And even though though David Mach himself said you didn't really NEED to read it beforehad, after the advice of others, I figured I might as well buy it.

NO. REGRETS!!!!

What a fantastic novel! A very satisfying 'end' the Mirror Universe arc. I said end, only because the longer storyline about the Rebellion and the Alliance is now basicly at its end. But there are so many stories still to tell, a whole new universe to play in! I honestly hope we will get a novel or two depecting live in the MU as it is now.

Heading of into Disavowed now, can't wait. :D

8. Enterprise1701

Enterprise1701 Commodore Commodore

Is there a pre-existing Klingon character named "Krona" in the prime universe? Maybe I'm just thinking of Krona in DC Comics, but it seems so familiar to me for some reason.

And on a related subject, on page 272, Krona thinks of when a Terran once compared Garvig to a "vyqIng". Shouldn't that be "vayqIng"?

9. Deranged Nasat

Deranged Nasat Vice Admiral Admiral

I can't find one, but off the top of my head Krona is also a Swedish currency and a governmental body among the Brakiri in Babylon 5. Maybe you're thinking of one of them? :cool:

10. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

No Krona listed on Memory Alpha. You're probably thinking of the DC character.

11. Enterprise1701

Enterprise1701 Commodore Commodore

Thanks, guys. It must be the DC character. Damned Krona. Always messing people up with parallel universe stories.

12. DS9Continuing

DS9Continuing Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wasn't Krona Kurn's first officer on the Ya'vang and later the Negh'Var from "Saturn's Children", reappearing in "The Soul Key" ?

So I don't think he's established in the RU on screen, but he is in the MU Litverse.

13. Kilana2

Kilana2 Vice Admiral Admiral

I´ve just joined this forum and I´ve read Rise like Lions last year. I voted "outstanding", because it´s just one of Mr. Macks best novels so far. I´m from Germany and Cross Cult doesn´t release MU novels, so I read them in english.

I also likes the focus on characters who are already dead in the primary universe. Damar als killer with a guilty conscious.
    I liked Kes as "avanging angel" and the whole Memory Omega Concept. I´m looking forward to reading Disavowed. I´ve bought it already, but I´m still waiting for Cross Cult to release Cold Equations and The Fall.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
    marlboro likes this.