most "wrong" episode...

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by magarity, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Dick_Valentine

Dick_Valentine Commander Red Shirt

Based on the realistic documentary that is James Bond, spies are completely forced into this, bending over backwards to serve queen and country by getting their end away, all in aid of not blowing their cover and ensuring the mission isn't compromised.
    There's no pleasure in it, there aren't any double-entendres to be made, just professional, mission accomplishing sex.

Sisko had to completely become his mirror self, because a man who turned down an offer of sex would be immediately suspicious.

Besides, it was the Mirror Universe, it doesn't seem like Jadzia had too much of a problem with, one slap was enough to give him a message the next time she saw him.

Benjamin must've been goooooooood.....:p

2. yousirname

yousirname Commander Red Shirt

I don't understand why it was so essential that Dax not know Mirror-Sisko was dead. The rebels generally, sure, but Dax specifically, not so much.

It doesn't overly bother me, because, y'know, it's fiction. But still. It's a little creepy.

3. scotpens

scotpens Professional Geek Premium Member

In "Metamorphosis," no one knew the Companion was female -- or, indeed, that it had any gender at all -- until the universal translator gave it a feminine voice. That UT must be a pretty powerful device, to recognize sex characteristics in a non-corporeal entity!

When he realized the nature of the Companion's feeling for him, Cochrane became horrified and disgusted by the thing's "alien-ness," for lack of a better term. Which I agree seemed stupid. I mean, the entity is just a cloud. It's not like it was some slimy buglike creature with tentacles.

4. Gul Re'jal

Gul Re'jal Commodore Commodore

Gul Re'jal is suspecting she's on the wrong space
    One of the Prophets entering a woman's body, taking her free will, making her marrying a man, having sex with him to have a baby... That was just simple wrong and no one ever addressed it in the show. Ugh...

5. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

"Cogenitor" I recently watched this episode and did a search on the BBS to see reviews. My mind was pretty much blown by the high praise this episode recieved. The whole premise of this episode was so ill conceived to me.

I'm watching Trip sneek around with the cogenitor playing games in his quarters and showing her old sci-fi movies while teaching her to read when he can. I was just thinking how Trip could be so dense. I mean, just how exactly did he see all of this playing out? What realistic endgame did he think would be possible? Was he really placing the asylum of the Cogenitor ahead of what appears to be a succesfull first contact with a peaceful race? I also have a hard time buying that we would actually care enough to go through all of that.

Apparently the Archer speech at the end solidified this episode as an "A +" episode but it had absolutely no continuity. Trip was essentially AWOL during "Regeneration" and "The Expanse" opens up with Trip and Archer buddy buddy again. There was absolutely no punishment whatsoever except for his conscience.

6. Dale Sams

Dale Sams Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Ha! I haven't seen that ep! Wow, that says all sorts of things that Sisko can even....errr...will himself to have sex with mirror Jadzia.

"I never said this to the Old Man, but she is kind of hot."

7. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Cogenitor works when if you're watching it among the season as a whole. So much of Enterprise season 2 is crap, although the episode stretch from Judgment through to First Flight is actually pretty decent. Cogenitor is watchable and entertaining which is why it gets a pass from me, especially since so much from the season really is a chore to get through.

I agree, the episode isn't really a well thought out one. Not to mention that Trip's meddling caused someone to commit suicide and screwed relations over with a potential ally, yet his only punishment was Archer giving a fatherly "I'm not angry, just disappointed" lecture which quite literally was forgotten the next week.

8. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

Yeah I'm just wondering how that report to Starfleet went.

Admiral Forrest: So John, how did that first contact go?

Archer: [fills him in on the details]

Admiral Forrest: Holy Shit! I'll be sending out another chief engineer as soon as possible.

Archer: No Admiral, that won't be necessary. I gave him a stern talking too.

Admiral Forrest: Works for me.