Most unintentionally hilarious moment?

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by The Borgified Corpse, Jan 19, 2010.

1. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Show Girls.

The whole thing is pretty damn funny, but unintentionally so.

2. LitmusDragon

LitmusDragon Commodore Commodore

Scarlett's daughter dies trying trying to jump her horse, the same way her pappy died. Then Rhett Butler flings her down the stairs. I kid you not.

3. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

I think they intended it to be unintentionally funny. ;)

4. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

:lol: That does sound hilarious. Maybe I should watch the movie sometime.

5. Too Much Fun

Too Much Fun Commodore Commodore

I laugh a lot at Bruce Willis in some of his non-comedy roles, although some of them may be at least a little bit intentionally funny. What cracks me up is his sweaty, wild-eyed physicality in situations where he's misinterpreted as being crazy and/or evil when he's just trying to defend himself. For example when he shoots a gun on the rooftop in "Die Hard" and the cops looking at him are like, "WTF?" and start opening fire on him. Another great example is when he beats someone to death in "12 Monkeys"!

I was laughing through that whole movie as Bruce Willis stumbled around covered in snot, drool, and sweat, half-naked, ranting about how he's on a mission from the future to save the world and everyone just thinks he's crazy and/or dangerous and no one believes him. Don't get me wrong, I love the movie, I just think it's hilarious how Bruce Willis's character is actually right and only ever hurts people in self-defense (or in the case of beating one guy to death, to protect someone else), but everything he does and says just looks so insane that there's no way anyone can think he's sane and telling the truth.

Also, the hardest I ever laughed at a movie was in one that definitely wasn't a comedy. Unlike some others in this thread, however, I wasn't laughing at something because it was meant to be serious, but was cheesy instead. I was laughing because I found the viciousness of what was happening hilarious.

At the end of "Glengarry Glen Ross", Al Pacino is playing a real estate agent trying to sweet talk a long-time customer into not backing out on a deal they had set up, and his boss played by Kevin Spacey fucks it up by telling the customer that his cheque has already gone through (he thinks he's reassuring the customer, but it actually makes the customer freak out and run off).

After that, Pacino gives him the greatest 'I hate you' look in the history of cinema, and then proceeds to unleash the greatest 'I hate you' rant in the history of cinema when he verbally ANNIHILATES Spacey for screwing up his deal and in the process proving to be a shitty boss.

6. The Boy Who Cried Worf

The Boy Who Cried Worf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I would say the scene in Psycho where Martin Balsam gets stabbed, but I am not sure that is meant to be unintentional. I'd have to see it again to flesh it out, but I have this theory that Psycho is actually a comedy and Hitchcock is making some type of huge joke about movie making.

7. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

That is pretty funny, especially how understated he says it. Most gruesome G-rated movie ever?

EDIT: I missed The Wicker Man, that's a great one, my favorite is he when he punches out that woman.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  8. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I'll second the entirety of "The Happening" and "The Wicker Man" remake!

9. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

I absolutely love the movie, but I can't stop myself from laughing like an idiot in The Two Towers, when an Uruk-Hai starts charging at the wall of Helm's Deep with a bomb like it's the fucking Olympic Torch, complete with rows of beasts cheering him on as he sprints.

Every single time.

10. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Season five of 24, CTU is attacked with some sort of poisonous gas, and even though are main characters are watching their co-workers die left and right, it's only when Edgar dies that they freak out.

Of course, I was happy that he died.

And the actor that played Edgar must've been pretty delusional when he said it was a mistake for them to kill off a fan-favorite. :lol:

11. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Speaking of LOTR, when Saruman tells his army "Tonight you will taste Man-Flesh!" and they get all excited :lol:

12. JediKnightButler

JediKnightButler Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Mace Windu's unexpected (at least the first time I saw it, anyway) and seemingly casual beheading of Jango Fett in SW:AOTC.
    Yeah, I know that somebody getting their head chopped off isn't SUPPOSED to be funny (and there's poor Boba who Mace just orphaned to consider) but, still, well......................:devil:

More recently, the scene in Star Trek (2009) where Kirk tries to get Nero to surrender and allow them to assist him and his surviving crew. Nero, of course, refuses (well, spits in his eye, basically) and Kirk just simply orders the Narada finished off.

13. CommanderRaytas

CommanderRaytas DISCO QUEEEEEEN Rear Admiral

Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic

Even better is the bit in FotR, where he says to the Uruk that he wants the Halflings unspoiled, and then the Uruk pulls that "aw, crap" face. Hehe.

Or, in TTT, when the Orcs argue over whether or not they should eat Merry and Pippin, one of the Uruks says "Saruman wants them unspoiled", the orc says "why, do they give good sport", and the hobbits look at them with a "I think I'd rather be eaten, then" expression. That was funny.

14. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

The Exorcist- "No! Take me instead!"

15. Nardpuncher

Nardpuncher Rear Admiral

In The Happening when Mark Wahlberg's character is talking diplomatically to a plant in the corner of the room and then he finds out it's plastic and he rolls his eyes at himself and says "I've been talking to a plastic plant!" The audience laughs at it not for his honest mistake but for the deeper idea that it still would be stupid to talk to a REAL plant!

16. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Wicker Man is hilarious. They should have marketed it as a comedy and it would have done much better.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6i2WRreARo[/yt]

17. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

One of the funniest things I've ever seen, although it was probably intended to be funny I've always had this sneaking suspicion that it happened by accident, was a scene in the Sandra Bullock movie "While You Were Sleeping." There's a simple establishing shot at one point in the film, you know, where they cut from one event to the "next morning" or whatever, and have the shot of the neighbourhood just to show you they've changed location? Anyway, it's an establishing shot of the neighbourhood, and there's this kid on his bike delivering newspapers, riding down the sidewalk and chucking the papers at the houses. He does it once or twice, and then on the last throw right before we cut, they kid totally wipes out!!! :guffaw: And pretty severely, too!

It was just so damn funny, and probably not intended to be the highlight of the film.

18. Nardpuncher

Nardpuncher Rear Admiral

Sweet Jesus I've never seen that movie but I'd heard the bad things...that was insane!

19. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Oh my God that's fantastic. "Not the bees! My eyes!" :guffaw:

Nothing beats a bear punching someone out though.

20. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

No! No! Not the bees! Anything but the bees! Aaaaaaaah! :lol: