Morgan Woodward As Lord Garth?

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Spock's Barber, Oct 12, 2017.

1. johnnybear

johnnybear Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Copyright? Permissions? Who knows? I don't think it would have been a good idea to have had him come back a third time to play a so similar character again and confuse the audience who remember him from the previous show! I mean Mark Lenard did two shows in the first and second seasons like Woodward, apart from Diana Muldaur who appeared as two different characters in seasons two and three I don't think there was a guest star on the show who did three main appearances was there? And I'm not counting people like Paul Baxley or the third extra from the left in this or that show...

JB

2. Spock's Barber

Spock's Barber Commodore Commodore

Only one I can think of is Ed McCready, who played different, minor characters in all 3 seasons; some were speaking parts and some were not. For example....

[​IMG]

3. johnnybear

johnnybear Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ed wasn't a big actor as such and in some roles my Lord he doesn't speak as you said! The Ekosian soldier who points the machine gun at Kirk and Spock in Patterns of Force for instance!
    JB

4. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

You could not get away with a main guest star doing a third round on the series. Woodward was certainly versatile as an actor, and his Van Gelder and Tracey were polar opposites, never reminding one of the other, but he was a main guest star, and credibility would have been stretched with a third appearance.

johnnybear likes this.