more unnoticed things

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Stompy, Jul 4, 2010.

1. Myko

Myko Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

To be picky, it's his stand-in, Eddie Paskey, not his stunt double. :)

2. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Neil Goldman: What I'm about to show you is a fight scene from Star Trek, Season 1, Episode 18. And as a bonus I'll identify when it's Shatner and when it's his stunt double, Fred Lubbins. That's Shatner, of course. That's Lubbins. Then that's Shatner. That's Lubbins. That's Shatner. That's Lubbins. Now, that's Shatner, but when I freeze-frame you can clearly see Lubbins' coffee cup on that rock.

3. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

Yep. My bad. Shouldn't post while drinking Mai Tais on Mexico Beach.... :D

And hell, yeah, I know what time it was when I posted!

4. Masao

Masao Commodore Commodore

I was just watching "Court Martial" today. I had never noticed that one of the members of the court martial board is wearing knee length boots. Also, (I also noticed that Areel Shaw is having trouble with the flap at the front of her dress.)

[​IMG]

5. Stompy

Stompy Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

On another site someone mentioned that Rodent's missing finger magically reappears in City on the Edge of Forever.

In all the years watching John Harmon in City and Piece of the Action I had never seen this before.

At first I said, "No way!" but jumped online and pulled up the scene-yup the guy was right-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Stompy

Stompy Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

And speaking of Court Martial-what the heck is that thing that rolls around on the floor of Engineering after the stunt double flips Finney?

[​IMG]

7. Sir Rhosis

Sir Rhosis Commodore Commodore

To be even more picky, look at the stand-in again. It's not Eddie Paskey (hair different texture), doesn't have Paskey's fairly recognizable posture. Must have been another guy.

Sir Rhosis

8. gomtuu20

gomtuu20 Commander Red Shirt

In Space Seed when they are breaking Khan out of his sleeper chamber, one of the phasers (McCoy's, if I remember correctly) fell off. You can even see DeForest Kelly looking up to see if they would cut the scene.

9. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

To be even MORE picky, I guess everyone missed post #82, where Sarek presebted actual evidence it was Shatner's stunt double.

10. JonnyQuest037

JonnyQuest037 Vice Admiral Admiral

It was actually Kirk's phaser. It fell off his belt when he hit the glass on the sleeper chamber. You can see DeForest Kelley's eyes dart back and forth to the ground after it falls. I think he even manages to hide it out of camera range when the chamber slides open. Way to save the take, De! :techman:

11. skylark14

skylark14 Lieutenant Red Shirt

Another troubling thing I eventually did notice after watching Patterns of Force for years is that when Kirk and Spock are handcuffed in the jail cell, working feverishly to dig the implants from their forearms and fashion a weapon, Kirk is already free of his handcuffs during a large portion of this action! It is plain to see that one of his cuffs is hanging wide open.

12. Joel_Kirk

Joel_Kirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the Joel Zone, identifying as Sexually Fluid.
    I don't know if it was mentioned before, but in the 'Obsession' teaser, the camera cuts to separate shots of the murdered security officers....and one of them clearly twitches...

...And that scene is supposed to be moving...but one actually lives!

13. Potemkin_Prod

Sure, Eddie Paskey (Lt. Leslie) returns! Always amused by the dead returning to life in subsequent episodes, such as Lt. Leslie and Lt. Galloway (who died in "Omega Glory" and returned for "Turnabout Intruder").

14. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

Have you ever noticed Garth of Izar's acrylic dress ring fly off his hand and bounce on the floor during a tantrum? ("Whom Gods Destroy")

15. GSchnitzer

GSchnitzer Co-Executive Producer In Memoriam

And do you know in which other TOS episode we see that same ring?

16. Green Shirt

Green Shirt Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Could they be Doohan's hand stand-ins?

17. Doug Otte

Doug Otte Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

:guffaw:
    Sorry I don't have anything informative to contribute here. "Stand-in" can't be the correct word for hands, can it? Because, of course, hands can't stand, unless you're doing a hand stand, in which case the term you used would be almost correct, but better as a verb, like this: "hand-standin'"

Is the correct term "hand model"?
    Doug

18. Potemkin_Prod

Dont think they could be using Doohan's hands as standins for the closeup shot. He's missing a finger, too, from a tank hatch, iirc.

19. kkozoriz1

kkozoriz1 Fleet Captain

Wounded on D-Day.

20. gomtuu20

gomtuu20 Commander Red Shirt

And the Galileo shuttlecraft reappeared after the Galileo Seven.