MLB Offseason: All Rise for the Judge

Status
Not open for further replies.
My lasting memory of McCarver is him calling Bronson Arroyo "Brendan Arrojo" and also thinking Scott Podsednik's first name was Brandon.

Outside of tradition, why are players asked to select one team to wear the cap for? Seems kinda silly to me.

Apologies if there is a better thread to post this in - or, for that matter, to create for it - but I was wondering: are there any thoughts on how the new stadium for the NPB's Fighters is shaping up?

Nice looking place and a well developed area around it.

but...oops!
Nippon Professional Baseball decided Monday to allow games next season at the Hokkaido Nippon Ham Fighters’ new ballpark, Es Con Field Hokkaido, despite it not meeting regulations for the minimum distance between home plate and stands to the rear.
The NPB made the exception at an emergency meeting involving representatives from all 12 teams, but asked Nippon Ham to carry out renovations the following offseason to bring the ground into line with the rules.
The net in front of the first row of seats behind home plate must be at least 60 feet (18.288 meters) from the base, roughly three meters farther away than the new park’s stands.
Nippon Ham’s top executive Koji Kawamura apologized for the club’s insufficient communication with NPB during the meeting.

One thing I wonder about as regards the new stadium is how the commute is going to be in either direction.

The main option in both directions appears to be the Chitose Line, which might be of use for both "home" fans heading there from Sapporo Station in the one direction, and "away" fans arriving at the main airport in the other direction. But despite this (and other means of transportation reportedly being implemented to get fans to and from the new site), how might visitors gauge the ups and downs of these options relative to what the old commute to the Dome had to offer?

When two teams share a minor league camp, and they play each other (like the Padres and Mariners did today), how do they decide who's the home team?

I can't wait for a pivotal game (like a division-deciding game, or a Game 5 / 7 in the postseason) to end on a phantom third strike or a phantom ball four or a phantom balk (due to the limit on disengagements) because of the goddamn pitch clock.

This pitch clock thing is fascinating and annoying at the same time. A game ended with a pitch clock violation today yet the flow of the game is quicker. I hate to see a big game end on a pitch clock violation though, so hopefully they might address this before opening day.

This pitch clock thing is fascinating and annoying at the same time. A game ended with a pitch clock violation today yet the flow of the game is quicker. I hate to see a big game end on a pitch clock violation though, so hopefully they might address this before opening day.

Don't "count" on it until the second or third...rosin bag flies and a few benches clear.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back