MLB Offseason 2013-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Speaking of arms falling off, Dr. Frank Jobe has passed.

Story

If there's a place in the BB HOF for doctors, this guy should get a shot. How many careers in the last 40 years were saved because of Tommy John surgery?

It honestly bothers me that John, a good but not great pitcher, got the Hall of Fame push from it, as though he were the one who invented the surgery. Dr. Jobe changed the game as we know it.

FOX has announced its baseball coverage lineups. Joe Buck, Harold Reynolds and Tom Verducci will be their A-team for this season; they're also going to do their studio coverage in-house again with Kevin Burkhardt as host and Frank Thomas, Gabe Kapler, CJ Nitkowski and Eric Karros as analysts. Ryan Field will be the fill-in host when Burkhardt is working for SNY. They'll also produce a Baseball Tonight competitor in MLB Whiparound Show with the same analysts and Chris Myers and Ryan Field hosting.

Ouch. I almost wish McCarver were back.

Not sure how I feel about Reynolds on-air, but Verducci is pretty good.

Verducci has a nice voice, but he waxes poetic about whatever random bullshit pops into his head. He and Reynolds will just pop up with the most inane opinions. Verducci's bad, real bad.

I like Verducci and Reynolds.

Enjoy endless meandering platitudes in place of actual analysis, I guess.

We've had that already since 1996. So how will this be any worse than Tim "Mojo" McCarver?

Tim has an album out, by the way. God, how I wish I was kidding.

Yep. Old man McCarver used to go on and on especially with the Cardinals and Phillies. I didn't mind all the love for the Cardinal but when it came to the Phillies :barf:

John Kruk with Baseball Tonight here. Phillies. We've got some highlight for you. Phillies rule. I suck Phillies dick. Phillies. Phillies. Phillies. Phillies #1 team at 57-85 right now. Phillies.

Kris Medlen exits a game with a "forearm strain," which is generally code for "oh, shit, he might need Tommy John surgery again."

In response, Fredi Gonzalez literally said, "Thank God we signed Freddy Garcia."

Those words were a thing somebody said in the year of our Lord 2014.

Enjoy endless meandering platitudes in place of actual analysis, I guess.

We've had that already since 1996. So how will this be any worse than Tim "Mojo" McCarver?

Tim has an album out, by the way. God, how I wish I was kidding.

Yep. Old man McCarver used to go on and on especially with the Cardinals and Phillies. I didn't mind all the love for the Cardinal but when it came to the Phillies :barf:

You want to talk :barf: ? Check this out.

(Like I said? Not kidding!)

John Kruk with Baseball Tonight here. Phillies. We've got some highlight for you. Phillies rule. I suck Phillies dick. Phillies. Phillies. Phillies. Phillies #1 team at 57-85 right now. Phillies.

:lol:

Kruk reminds me of a cross between a border collie and those "What's in YOUR wallet?" guys. My favorite memory of him is being pwned by Randy Johnson in the '93 ASG.

Medlen's MRI revealed damage to his elbow ligament, so he's having further tests. If he's down, that leaves the Braves rotation with:

Minor (hurt)
Teheran
Beachy (hurt)
Wood
Garcia (old, shitty)

Ouch.

Medlen's MRI revealed damage to his elbow ligament, so he's having further tests. If he's down, that leaves the Braves rotation with:

Minor (hurt)
Teheran
Beachy (hurt)
Wood
Garcia (old, shitty)

Ouch.

[Starts breathing into brown paper bag]

Minor (hurt)
Teheran
Beachy (hurt)
Wood
Garcia (old, shitty)

Ouch.

[Starts breathing into brown paper bag]

Hey, they'll still finish ahead of the Phillies and Marlins.

Yeah it's ok, they signed Gavin Floyd just in case this might happen. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

Update: Apparantly they are going to go make a push for Ervin Santana. Santana is only interested in pursuing a one year deal at the moment. I really don't want to pay that guy a ton of money for one year but if they get a manageable deal in place that could help. Beachy's injury isn't very serious but he wasn't exactly lights out when he returned last year. There is always David Hale who might have to put on the big boy pants early.

FOX has announced its baseball coverage lineups. Joe Buck, Harold Reynolds and Tom Verducci will be their A-team for this season; they're also going to do their studio coverage in-house again with Kevin Burkhardt as host and Frank Thomas, Gabe Kapler, CJ Nitkowski and Eric Karros as analysts. Ryan Field will be the fill-in host when Burkhardt is working for SNY. They'll also produce a Baseball Tonight competitor in MLB Whiparound Show with the same analysts and Chris Myers and Ryan Field hosting.

Ouch. I almost wish McCarver were back.

I enjoyed McCarver (before his stroke)

Hey, Pineda looked pretty good the other day.

At least he didn't break! :guffaw:

I'm more worried about CC and Nova.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back