MLB 2023 Season: Rangers are going hunting for Snakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Visiting teams playing the A's have been unable to use the visitors' broadcast booth...because a POSSUM is living in it. :guffaw:

Good Lord. What kind of pinko STILL doesn't think the A's need a new stadium? :wtf:

And this being California, guess they can't just shoot the damn thing.

Last edited:
Angels continue to find new and creative ways to lose.

Today, it was a blown lead thanks to a walk, a hit by pitch, and 2(!!) catchers interference calls.

FML
Those last two interference calls were legit. Dude needs to stop reaching out so far.

At the risk of sounding like a dink...what does CHA 7 0 0 mean? :confused:
It's from the recent infamous game between the Rocket City Trash Pandas (the Angels' AA affiliate) and the Chattanooga Lookouts (the Reds' AA team). Due to the utter incompetence of the Trash Pandas' bullpen in the top of the 7th, they threw a no-hitter yet lost 7-5. (recap from CBS Sports)

The box score at the end of the game was CHAttanooga 7 runs, 0 hits, 0 errors.

It's from the recent infamous game between the Rocket City Trash Pandas (the Angels' AA affiliate) and the Chattanooga Lookouts (the Reds' AA team). Due to the utter incompetence of the Trash Pandas' bullpen in the top of the 7th, they threw a no-hitter yet lost 7-5. (recap from CBS Sports)

The box score at the end of the game was CHAttanooga 7 runs, 0 hits, 0 errors.

I've been to Chattanooga and to the top of Look Out Mtn, but I've never heard of or seen anything ike that inning.
There is a nice view of Moccasin Bend from the top though.

view-of-the-tennessee-river-and-moccasin-bend-from-lookout-mountain-BG26DC.jpg

Fernando Tatis, Jr., now has six homers in his last 12 at-bats in AAA.

I think he's shaking off the rust.

What on God’s Green Earth were the Red Sox wearing today?

I think that was an unfair distraction.

:shifty:

It's from the recent infamous game between the Rocket City Trash Pandas (the Angels' AA affiliate) and the Chattanooga Lookouts (the Reds' AA team).

Gotta love those minor league team names. :lol:

What on God’s Green Earth were the Red Sox wearing today?

City Connect uniforms.

I don't know precisely why they're yellow, though. Google fu came up with nothing.

Last edited:
Gotta love those minor league team names. :lol:
There's an historical connection to the Chattanooga team's name; Lookout Mountain was one of the battles fought in the Chattanooga Campaign during the Civil War.

On a separate note, can anyone make sense of the blackouts on MLB.tv? My brother, who lives in Pennsylvania, says that the Rangers/Astros game is blacked out. He's not using a VPN or anything that might make the website think he's living in Texas, it's just not available.

Do minor league games not have TV broadcast crews?

I'm watching the Mets/RailRiders game and there is a TV feed, but the audio is from the radio broadcast.

Same thing happened when I watched a Storm Chasers game awhile back. There was video, but I *heard* radio.

I'm watching the Mets/RailRiders game and there is a TV feed, but the audio is from the radio broadcast.

Same thing happened when I watched a Storm Chasers game awhile back. There was video, but I *heard* radio.
No. I would say 99% of teams only have an MiLB stream.

Generally speaking, MiLB teams simulcast their radio and TV feeds, because they don't have the budget to afford the required staff. The AAA Iowa Cubs, for example, have Alex Cohen as their play-by-play voice.

Cohen is also their lead sales executive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back