MLB 2023 Season: Rangers are going hunting for Snakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm excited for this world series. Two new teams for a change, and there is a lot of Giants representation here. I'm rooting for the Rangers and Bochy to solidify his legendary status as manager, but if the DBacks win, I wouldn't have an issue with that.

I don't really have a stake in it either but the Dbacks have won the WS once, and the Rangers never have, so that's why I'm for the latter.

Yeah, but that would mean Aroldis Chapman getting another ring (:barf:) and now there are stories that the Rangers listen to Creed in the clubhouse to pump them up before games (:barf: :barf: :barf:).

I cannot sanction that buffoonery.

Crap, I just remembered that the Diamondbacks crossed a hotel employees' picket line, which is about as scummy as it gets.

Back to rooting for Meteor.

According to the broadcast, Evan Longoria's 15-year gap between World Series appearances is the longest ever by a position player.

Why are the DBacks pitching to Garcia in that situation? The guy is the hottest player on the planet. Don't let him beat you.

Keith Olbermann has been quite... unkind... to the playoffs and World Series this year on his podcast (Countdown with Keith Olbermann). It is some fascinating listening.

Keith Olbermann has been quite... unkind... to the playoffs and World Series this year on his podcast (Countdown with Keith Olbermann). It is some fascinating listening.

Keith Olbermann is the classic example of someone who is very occasionally exactly right on a subject, but the other 99 percent of the time, he's crying bloody murder while hammering a rusty nail into his own foot.

Okay, so, here's an open question: Who gets Ohtani? I'm sure the Angels will make a token offer so Arte Moreno can turn around and say, "We tried." The Cubs are known to have interest, but Tom Ricketts doesn't enjoy paying the luxury tax, so it's probably a binary choice between signing Ohtani or re-signing Bellinger. Seattle is almost certainly in the picture. The Yankees ... I just don't see how he'd fit in that lineup. The Padres have already said they intend to cut at least $50 million in payroll after their faceplant this season.

I know the Dodgers are in play, since Kershaw's contract is off the books and he might retire.

Guesses? Bets?

Okay, so, here's an open question: Who gets Ohtani? I'm sure the Angels will make a token offer so Arte Moreno can turn around and say, "We tried." The Cubs are known to have interest, but Tom Ricketts doesn't enjoy paying the luxury tax, so it's probably a binary choice between signing Ohtani or re-signing Bellinger. Seattle is almost certainly in the picture. The Yankees ... I just don't see how he'd fit in that lineup. The Padres have already said they intend to cut at least $50 million in payroll after their faceplant this season.

I know the Dodgers are in play, since Kershaw's contract is off the books and he might retire.

Guesses? Bets?

Seattle or the Dodgers.

Guesses? Bets?
As for the Cubs, isn't Ohtani likely to go somewhere he has a chance of winning? Without 2-3 potential new starters and a few good relievers, that isn't too likely.

Either way, I don't see Ricketts splurging at that level. Wrigley is still mostly full most of the time innit?

Fox executives are probably popping Maalox like it's candy right now. The ratings for the World Series are going to be rough; Phoenix and Arlington aren't exactly huge media markets.

Called it. Game 1 was the least-watched World Series opener in history, and the second least-watched World Series game overall (Game 3 in 2020 has that crown).

Even though I am a Diamondbacks fan and obviously want them to win the World Series, it was tough to see Max Scherzer in such a depleted state and sustaining yet another injury. I've been a Mad Max fan since his first MLB appearance (as a Diamondback) and thought that trading him away was such a terribly short-sighted move. Truly one of the top three pitchers of his generation.

I don't know. There's a lot of speculation about what Seattle will do in the off season but acquiring Ohtani isn't on the top of the list, at least according to the sports radio shows I listen to.

Just figuring if Ohtani wants to stay on the West Coast (and win), he doesn't have much choice beyond the Dodgers and Mariners.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back