MLB 2023 Season: Rangers are going hunting for Snakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the minor league season over? I doubt he gets much playing time with the club still after a playoff spot and all the OF's we have. Maybe a defensive sub.

The AAA season isn't over, but it's winding down.

I don't think PCA projects as the superstar that the Cubs thought they were getting anymore--he looks like a serviceable player with a lot of speed, but he has a very troublesome strikeout problem and from what I saw of him here in Iowa, he has a Javy Baez issue of swinging at pitches in a different ZIP code--but given that the Cubs are in a tailspin, it can't hurt to get him some at-bats in the majors.

Some notion that Candelario is injured slightly...
If this is true, it would make some sense, as Candy has been scuffling for a while after the hot start as a Cub.
Belli can stay at 1B with Madrigal at 3B, Tauchman can be spelled by PCA and Patrick Wisdom can park cars.

The AAA season isn't over, but it's winding down.

I don't think PCA projects as the superstar that the Cubs thought they were getting anymore--he looks like a serviceable player with a lot of speed, but he has a very troublesome strikeout problem and from what I saw of him here in Iowa, he has a Javy Baez issue of swinging at pitches in a different ZIP code--but given that the Cubs are in a tailspin, it can't hurt to get him some at-bats in the majors.
How fitting that PCA was part of the Baez trade. Still, he's young and hopefully they can coach him out of the swing-at-everything mode.

Crow-Armstrong, 21, is ranked 15th in ESPN prospect guru Kiley McDaniel's latest top 50 prospects. He compiled an .876 OPS split between Double-A and Triple-A this year, including 20 home runs and 37 stolen bases. He's considered one of the best defensive center fielders in the minor leagues and will likely get a chance this week to roam spacious Coors Field, where the Cubs play a three-game series against the Rockies.
Crow-Armstrong was drafted by the Mets in the first round in 2020, then traded to the Cubs the next season in a deal for shortstop Javier Baez. Over three minor league seasons, he's hit .301 with an .892 OPS.

If this is true, it would make some sense, as Candy has been scuffling for a while after the hot start as a Cub.

It's true to at least a certain extent, since Candelario left yesterday's game with what was called "back tightness."

But, this is the Cubs, and given how much they love to obfuscate things, he secretly got mauled by a werewolf or some shit like that.

Ashley Crow, the mom from Little Big League, is Pete Crow-Armstrong's mom.

Ea-MYOei-Wk-AIRToe.png

It's true to at least a certain extent, since Candelario left yesterday's game with what was called "back tightness."

But, this is the Cubs, and given how much they love to obfuscate things, he secretly got mauled by a werewolf or some shit like that.
I watched Candelario miss a couple routine grounders at 3B that went under his glove over the last couple weeks. Like he was unable to bend down that far and I thought "Madrigal would have gotten those because he's short", though only 4" shorter (seems much shorter).

Lower back soreness especially can make any movement difficult and even pure torture.

Last edited:
Former Brewers head David Stearns, as long expected, is the new president of the Mets.

Stearns but allowed to spend money on paper looks like a pretty good situation, but I can't imagine Cohen will get out of the way.

Edit: Also, fuck David Ross. Direct quote: Pete Crow-Armstrong "will get some at-bats, but we're not developing players right now." Go jack off to old guys some more, Grandpa Rossy. Keep on trotting Drew Smyly out there and see how well that works out for you.

Christ, I do not understand why Ross hates rookies so much.

Why bother breaking them in when you can have Pittsburgh break them in for you and then pick them up when Nutting wakes up on the wrong side of the bed and decides to start trading people?

Former Brewers head David Stearns, as long expected, is the new president of the Mets.

Stearns but allowed to spend money on paper looks like a pretty good situation, but I can't imagine Cohen will get out of the way.

Edit: Also, fuck David Ross. Direct quote: Pete Crow-Armstrong "will get some at-bats, but we're not developing players right now." Go jack off to old guys some more, Grandpa Rossy. Keep on trotting Drew Smyly out there and see how well that works out for you.

Christ, I do not understand why Ross hates rookies so much.
Could be a team thing. Maybe there aren't enough advanced metrics on the rookies? Everything is about the metrics y'know, that's why they hired Ross instead of a guy that thinks for himself.

Max Scherzer done for the regular season with a muscle strain, and would be unlikely to pitch in the postseason.

In somewhat surprising news, the Red Sox fired general manager Chaim Bloom.

Because it's the GM's fault that the owners ordered the trade of Mookie Betts and decided to start pinching pennies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back