MLB 2023 Season: Rangers are going hunting for Snakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Giants collapse where they don't have an offense or just play poor defense and pitching is sad and depressing. :(

Pirates DH Andrew McCutchen is out for the rest of the season with a partially torn Achilles tendon. He ends the season one home run shy of 300.

Cutch did get to 2000 hits, but home run #300 was too elusive.

Over 1000 runs and RBI. I'd still bet on him being a HoF'er.

The Pierats still suck, so he might give it another year, despite 2023 not being up to par for him.

Cutch did get to 2000 hits, but home run #300 was too elusive.

Over 1000 runs and RBI. I'd still bet on him being a HoF'er.

Cutch is basically the textbook definition of a Hall of Very Good player. He basically fell off a cliff after 2015 and went to being little more than a league-average hitter. His peak was really only six years. That peak was pretty damn good, but it's not like this is an edge case of him losing four years of his prime due to a little thing called World War II.

Like I said. Hall of Very Good. But he was never the best player at his position for an extended period of time and he doesn't have either the rate or the counting stats around which a case can be made.

The Nationals abandoned plans for a retirement press conference for Stephen Strasburg today. Per a Nationals beat reporter, the team wants to get out of their contractual obligations.

Near as I can tell from my reading of the Basic Agreement, the CBA prescribes that if a player retires due to injury that can't be rehabilitated, the team still has to pay out the contract in full. Given Mark Lerner's history, I have a feeling that he tried to drop his dick on the table and said, "I am altering the deal; pray I don't alter it any further." And then Stras and Boras told him to go fuck himself.

Edit: I'm gonna laugh so hard if Washington tries to make Stras accept deferred payments for like 60 years. If that's the case, I look forward to celebrating Stephen Strasburg Day with my grandchildren.

A USA Today report says the Angels are willing to trade Trout if he asks. Still seven years and $248 million left on his contract, so there probably wouldn't be much in return.

A USA Today report says the Angels are willing to trade Trout if he asks. Still seven years and $248 million left on his contract, so there probably wouldn't be much in return.

USA Today ... is it Bob Nightengale? Because Nightengale just makes shit up out of whole cloth. Whatever he reports, you can usually assume the opposite is true.

In other Angels news being reported by USA Today, apparently Ohtani wasn't available for the team photo last week, so they trotted out someone from the back office in his uniform and will Photoshop him in later. Is this something that happens often, and it's only newsworthy because it involves one of the best players in the league?

In other Angels news being reported by USA Today, apparently Ohtani wasn't available for the team photo last week, so they trotted out someone from the back office in his uniform and will Photoshop him in later. Is this something that happens often, and it's only newsworthy because it involves one of the best players in the league?

It does happen fairly frequently, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back