Met Anthony Rapp, Anson Mount, Ethan Peck, Wallace Shawn, and Ron Pearlman

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by wayoung, May 11, 2019.

1. wayoung

wayoung Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

[​IMG]

Probably my only ComicCon this year, luckily it was a good one! Everyone was nice, and Ethan Peck was impressed by the poster, thanking me for giving him the honour of signing it (although apparently it wasn't enough of an honour to refund the autograph fee:vulcan:).

Anthony Rapp had the longest and most consistently filled line at the con, I think due to his impact and representation of LGBTQ community, which is pretty cool. For the other Trek actors it was the same people in each line and then a whole bunch of other in his.

My first con as a single man. It was a different experience.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I uploaded the pics on imGur, hopefully they work.

F. King Daniel and fireproof78 like this.
  2. Veronica Hobbes

Veronica Hobbes Lieutenant Red Shirt

Ooh those look good.

I'm meeting Shazad Latif in July (as well as Joe Flanigan) and Anson Mount and Ethan Peck in October and I'm really nervous. I'm going on my own, and these will be my first official conventions. At the moment I don't have anything to take to sign, but I might try and take something, I just don't know what.

I'm sure they were really friendly though. Did you just get autographs or did you do photo's as well.

Tiphanie and wayoung like this.
  3. wayoung

Just autographs. Both were too expensive.

4. Veronica Hobbes

I’ve bought tickets for photo sessions, but for Shazad and Joe the autographs are £20 each, same as photos. I don’t know if you can pay on the day. But I could seem to find an option for autographs as well when buying the photo sessions so who knows. But it falls around payday so I’m hoping to try and get autographs as well.

5. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

Sonequa Martin-Green's handwriting is gorgeous, I'm jealous.

Very cool poster! I'm jealous of that too!

6. Tiphanie

Tiphanie Ensign Newbie

Are you going to Destination Star Trek in Birmingham? I am also thinking of going, but I haven‘t bought tickets yet. I was a little bit confused what to buy....
    any tips?

I will probably also go alone but I wouldn‘t want to miss the chance to meet Ethan Peck and Anson Mount....

7. Veronica Hobbes

I am going to the one in Birmingham. I’ve just bought an entry ticket for the Saturday and then a photo session for Anson and also one for Ethan. I don’t know if I’ll be able to get autographs as well or just photos. But I could only see options for buying photo sessions for everyone. It’s my first time going though so.

I think it ends on the 25th May, buying tickets that is.

If you want I’ll post a link to it later, as I’m at work at the moment. Or you can search for Destination Star Trek on twitter If you have twitter.

Tiphanie likes this.
  8. WeshTrekkie

WeshTrekkie Cadet Newbie

I was going to go until my dad died a couple of months ago - they don’t give refunds so i’m trying to sell my ticket - I bought it for £300 (Commander package) but would accept £240 for it

9. XCV330

XCV330 Premium Member

Christopher Lloyd has a damned fine signature!

wayoung likes this.
  10. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

I’m sorry about your dad.

Our posting rules don’t allow for solicitation. The rules for posting here are pinned at the top of this forum.

Thanks

11. wayoung

One thing I've noticed is how a lot of these actors battle for real estate when signing there names....

XCV330 likes this.