Mental Wellness Support Group

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Twilight Phoenix, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Commander Troi

Commander Troi Geek Grrl Premium Member

I'm so glad it's over!

wayoung likes this.
  2. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

Glad to hear that this is finally resolved. Sorry you had to go through all that.

Although it sounds like the insurance company could have saved a lot of stress by explaining things better up front. Just another reason why insurance companies are the worst.

Commander Troi likes this.
  3. Bynar0110

Bynar0110 Captain Captain

Had an unexpected panic attack with a dizzy vertigo type feeling. while walking down a hallway earlier today. Not sure why it was triggered.

wayoung likes this.
  4. Commander Troi

*gentle hug*

Bynar0110 likes this.
  5. wayoung

wayoung Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Je boire beacoup des biwre et vino Dan's Quebec te celebre le finindes l'assurance est le divorce avec ma blonde. Je suits boureee mais je je tape sur un clavier anglais ao mes fautes de frappe et l'autocorrélation sont pires que d'habitude

6. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The past weekend has sucked. Depression has hit hardest, while I pretty much lie my way through it. Hate it when I get this low.

wayoung likes this.
  7. Commander Troi

I'm sorry, my friend. *HUGS* Feel free to DM me if you want.

8. fireproof78

Thanks. The offer is appreciated but it took a lot of courage just to post.

9. Commander Troi

Yes it did. And the offer is a standing one.

fireproof78 likes this.
  10. fireproof78

It is appreciated. I'm taking small steps right now.

11. Sumire

Sumire Commander Red Shirt

I have a former boss who suffered a traumatic brain injury in 2019 and lost her job. She treated me as a confident at work (I’m an admin, this can come with the territory) and continued to call me with some frequency to chat over the past three years. Early this month she called me to tell me her father, who has been at death’s doorstep for years, had passed.

I comforted her and supported her and grieved with her. We were on the phone for hours. It’s the first time I have heard her cry. The next day she needed to process his death in another long conversation. Then, last week, she called me and complained about how she knows it sounds awful but she just wants her dad to let go. Nothing in the conversation revealed any knowledge that her father was dead. Today, another call, again a reference to her dad still hanging on. She also revealed some details about a different distressing incident earlier this month that calls into question her memory of that. She claims she is seeing a mental health professional but doesn’t like her because “she thinks I‘m crazy.”

She calls me a friend but we have never met outside of work and work events. She now lives several hours away. She has friends that I was aware of before 2019 but they also live over an hour away. She has family but they are scattered across the state and country and she seems to resent their help to varying, sometimes upsetting, degrees. I am very worried about this woman but I don’t know what to do. Within the past year she has related a lot to me that speaks to a depressive state of mind and I have been very concerned for her health and sometimes safety (such as not wanting to eat for several days and making poor personal choices). It’s getting worse with these recent revelations. It’s upsetting to keep rehashing trauma that keeps changing. My therapist is recommending distance which I completely understand but it’s difficult to ignore calls from someone who seems to be metaphorically bleeding out…

Gryffindorian likes this.
  12. Bynar0110

I suggest back away because I dealt with similar situation trying to help someone that just ended up hurting my own mental well being in end. Your own mental health and well being comes first.

13. Bynar0110

I know that feeling.

14. fireproof78

Sorry to hear that. I know it sucks. Worst part is I don't even want to tell people about it. Not sure if it's an embarrassed thing, or just what, but yeah...

15. Commander Troi

If you're really worried, contact her local social services. Then let it go. *hugs*

fireproof78 and Sumire like this.
  16. Bynar0110

I just want to pass along two techniques that helps with relieving anxiety. Progressive muscle relaxation and thought stopping.

fireproof78 and Commander Troi like this.
  17. fireproof78

18. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm sorry to hear about your friend and former boss. Since she had a brain injury years ago, her memory and frame of mind may not be doing so well. All this, of course, affects you too. Please let her know to seek professional help. There's only so much you can do.

Commander Troi and Sumire like this.
  19. wayoung

wayoung Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Since the insurance ended Friday I've been so much better. I've been insanely productive, I've been genuinely excited for my trip, I've been in a decent mood. But then I go to sleep at night and even though I've been having a good amount of sleep every night I still have trauma dreams almost nightly. Last night was terrible

20. think

think About it! Premium Member

^so sorry about the Trauma Dreams. I had that too.. the dreams of being hurt and pain .. it was real for me, but just suppressed memories from my dads beatings.. I am recovering but I came to a point where suicide was better than going to sleep and dreaming. Started drinking lots of coffee and not sleeping then I would sleep for over a day.. It was really bad till I realized they were not dreams but they were memories I did not want to remember . so I am still remembering the suppressed memories now.. but the dreams have mostly stopped .. now just like fantasy dreams. Space and time dreams like. I am doing a lot better today. it took like 35 years for the dreams to be real memories. but a lot of suicidal thoughts for that time of my life.. not much suicidal thoughts anymore .. that is over .. It is good for me. life is wonderful. these trauma dreams will resolve just give it time.. it is ok ,, it is going to be ok. I was ok for me ,,. no one was telling me it would be ok ,,.. the suicide hotline . they would just listen to me ,. that helped me. just to talk about it. that could help you?