MCU rewatch

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Turtletrekker, Sep 2, 2019.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

That was pretty cool, it's a shame it was cut. When I see scenes like that I always feel a little bad for the people who put hours or days of work into it, only to see it cut.

2. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Damn, I hadn't seen that scene before. I wish that was left in.

Turtletrekker likes this.
  3. kitik

kitik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah, that was a nice little scene, but my favorite extra on the Ant-Man bluray was the compilation of Stan Lee lines. Dig it up if you haven't seen it.

Turtletrekker likes this.
  4. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

I wonder why that scene was cut--it wasn't like it was long enough to disrupt the pace of the movie or anything.

5. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

This. Right. This.

This got put on hold for any number of reasons, including suicide attempt, subsequent hospital stay, my junkie ex roommate stealing a lot of my stuff, including my TV and Blu-ray player, to pay for his fucking habit while I'm in the mental health institution following the suicide attempt. A new job with wacko hours (8p-4a). A relationship that went nowhere.

Anyway...

When I was at the store the yesterday on a supply run before the stay-at-home order took effect here in Washington, I saw a 40 inch Samsung on clearance for $150. Today, I splurged for a month of Disney+.

I plan to pick up with this again after finishing The Mandalorian.

6. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So, I'm by no means well versed in the MCU, but at some point shouldn't Hank Pym & his Ant-Man technopeeps, finally make amends with Stark's Iron Man technopeeps, & start sharing patents, since they're all in league to some degree? I mean, there's like how many Avengers that are just ordinary folks in technosuits? Iron Man, War Machine, Falcon, Ant-Man, The Wasp, & even Hawkeye just uses tech. Hell, Black Widow & Nick Fury & his peeps don't even get any tech suit.

How much better would the team be if all these people had the benefit of the entire gamut of MCU tech? Would Stark have had to expend all the material that he used to make that Hulkbuster suit, if he'd had access to the vast enlarging function of the Ant-Man tech, as part of his own suit?

Even better, wouldn't it be useful for guys who have enhanced abilities or powers like Spidey, Cpt. America, Winter Soldier etc... to also make use of this tech? I mean the new Spider-man gets himself a snazzy new Stark suit, but if it had Ant-Man capabilities too, and flight capabilities, like the Exo-7 or a Stark Mach model, that kid would be unstoppable.

Sometimes it just seems we keep all these patents independent just so that each hero has brand recognition :lol:

7. Grendelsbayne

Grendelsbayne Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hawkeye has the same amount of tech (and same basic training) as Black Widow or Nick Fury. And it was stated that the Ant-man suits have major (unspecified) physical drawbacks if you wear them long-term. That's why Hank Pym didn't just suit up himself to stop Darren Cross. No one who already has powers/tech of their own would really want that.

Also, the Iron man suits would tend to get in the way of the kind of powers people like Cap, Spider-man, etc, use.

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've also gotten the impression that Hank probably wouldn't want to share his tech with to many at this point.

9. Grendelsbayne

Grendelsbayne Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yep. And given his personality, how many people would want to be dependent on his continued cooperation? (The ant-man suits are useless without Pym particles and Hank is the only person who knows how to make them.)