Max Headroom coming to DVD in August

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by 23skidoo, Feb 27, 2010.

1. stonester1

stonester1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Yeah. Max Headroom was definitely cyberpunk, and it's rather amazing that it was, since it came along only a couple of years after cyberpunk began to emerge as a literary movement. As a rule, science fiction in film and TV tends to lag behind what the literature is doing by a couple of decades.

3. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    Wasn't Yancy Butler also the star of Witchblade?

That sounds unlikely to me. From what I've heard, Dick Wolf is a very pleasant, amenable guy (unless you're an actor asking for a pay raise. Then he'll either kill you or send you to Staten Island). I doubt he would ever object to any of his shows being seen. More likely, the studio that owns the rights is just really friggin' lazy. (For gods' sake, Universal is still 11 seasons behind on their Law & Order DVDs.)

BTW, you mentioned Wal-Mart refusing to carry Doctor Who. I think it's interesting that I've seen the 1st 2 seasons of Torchwood available at Target but never any Doctor Who.

4. Pilot Ace

Pilot Ace Captain Captain

She was indeed.

5. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

One wonders though, is it laziness or sales....from articles I've read, there is a diminishing return on shows with longer runs. And Law and Order is on ALL the time.

6. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ If they're worried about TNT reruns eating into the DVD sales, then they shouldn't be, since TNT only shows episodes from the last few seasons. The DVDs are only up to season 7, and TNT doesn't show eps that old.

7. barnaclelapse

barnaclelapse Commodore Commodore

That's true. I never thought about Headroom that way.