Master of Orion 4

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by intrinsical, Mar 17, 2016.

1. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

Master of Orion was the world's first 4x space strategy game when it was released in the 1990s. I played it as a teenager and the game holds some sentimental value for me. So imagine my surprise when I heard someone is rebooting Master of Orion for the modern era.

And yes, a constellation of scifi actors including Dwight Schultz, John deLancie, Michael Dorn, Mark Hamil, Alan Tudyk, Robert Englund and more have added their voices to the game.

Gameplay seems to stick closely to the original game's including most of the original alien races and alien ships. The big departure is of course, everything is presented with modern 3D graphics. The game is currently available as an Early Access game on Steam so its available for play now.

2. The Lensman

The Lensman Commodore Commodore

Yeah, the first MOO was like a revelation to me back in those days. I still remember at least a few epic moments from both MOO and MOO 2. I played MOO 2 more and while I've enjoyed 4X games since then, MOO 2 is still king to me. MOO 3 was an abomination though.