Spoilers Marvel or DC Comics?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Feb 15, 2020.

?

Whose Current Comics Are You Enjoying More, Marvel or DC

1. Marvel

37.5%
  2. DC

29.2%
  3. Both

20.8%
  4. Neither

12.5%
  1. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

I voted neither, because i haven't been a regular customer of either company for years. What killed me was that both companies screwed up my favorite heroes. They turned the Fantastic Four into high-tech mutant babysitters ("Future Foundation":barf:) and the Green Lantern comics into the Rainbow Ring Coalition (The fusche ring is powered by ambivalence. "You have the great power of not giving a damn." :rolleyes:)

Back when I was buying comics reg'larly my motto was always "Make Mine Marvel." I liked the characters more and the stories more and the artwork more. I bought DC comics as well but not with the same enthusiasm. That changed in the aftermath of Crisis on Infinite Earths, and my big go-to comics were John Byrne's Superman and George Perez's Wonder Woman.

Nowadays, if I buy anything from either company it will be back issues I never got or favorites i want to read again, mostly from digital platforms. I can't be bothered with most of the newest stuff.

2. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Guess I'm the outlier here. While I read a number of DC books every month the only Marvel title that's kept my interest in the last few years has been The Immortal Hulk.