Spoilers Lucifer - Season 4

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, May 8, 2019.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

The new season of Lucifer dropped on Netflix today, so I figured it's about time to start a thread for it.
    This is the show's first season on Netlfix after being cancelled by Fox last season.
    The season will deal with the aftermath of Chloe learning that Lucifer really is THE Lucifer, and since it's on Neftlix now, it they will be getting darker, sexier, and more violent, but probably not full on Game of Thrones or anything like that.
    The new season will also be introducing three new characters, Father Kinley played by Preacher and Outlander's Graham McTavish, the Biblical Eve played by Gang Related and Prison Break's Inbar Lavi, and Remiel played by Vinessa Vidotto.
    I did watch the first episode this morning, and it's off the a good start. It was fun seeing Lucifer start to use some of his abilities in front of Chloe now. No sing of Eve or Remiel yet, but we did get an interesting introduction to Father Kinley, who seems to be up to something with Chloe. We also got our first example of their new freedom on Netflix with Lucifer's bare ass.

2. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I didn't know this came out today. I love the show, so I know what I'll be watching for the foreseeable future.

3. EdSanders63

EdSanders63 Ensign Red Shirt

Only 2 episodes left to go for me...its a excellent season!!

Skipper likes this.
  4. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

Whoa--It was a guilty pleasure for me like Gotham was, so I'm happy it's back! Snuck up on me... will try and be disciplined enough to watch one show a day and not binge. Binging is what got me to this weight, after all... :p

5. Charles Phipps

Charles Phipps Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I hate their treatment of Ella.

I also hate the loss of the Lucifer/Dan bromance.

Otherwise, it was pretty good.

6. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

It started out a bit rough, but I think it was a good season over-all. I hope the show gets to continue.

7. Skipper

Skipper Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Moving to Netflix helped to trim all the unnecessary fat. This season is excellent!

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I finished up the season yesterday, and I loved it, it was probably my favorite season so far.
    Eve was a pretty fun addition to the cast, and she helped take Lucifer's character arc to some new important places.
    The whole pregnancy/baby storyline with Linda, Amenediel, and Maz was a lot of fun.
    Chloe's reaction to Lucifer's real identity and her journey to accepting to him was really good too.
    The end of the last episode was awesome, if we don't get another season, this did feel like a perfect place to end things. If we do get another season it will be interesting to see where they take things now.
    If it does come back, I hope we get to see Eve again, I wouldn't mind seeing what becomes of her after she takes off.

Kitty Worrier and Ovation like this.
  9. kitik

kitik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Finally watched this, and like others, really enjoyed it.

It's a shame that the Netflix all-at-once model pretty much kills episode discussion.

Eve turned into a really entertaining character. I liked the scene with her and Maze both taking off their motorcycle helmets at the same time, but her highlight had to be when Lucifer was trying to be a bad husband/boyfriend and she eventually jumped in and started doing the exact same things he was doing. (Oh yeah, and the scene with her copying Chloe in the police station was great too.)

Ella has a pretty cool t-shirt collection.

The scene towards the end of the season between Linda and Lucifer when he finally started listening to her and her eyes were bulging out and she could barely sit still because she was so excited that he was finally hearing and saying the right things was another highlight.

The ending was interesting. It's a totally legit ending for the whole series if that's where the show stops, but it's safe to guess that it's 100% just about the exact opposite of the actual ending the creators have envisioned for this show. Or so I'd assume.

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, all of the stuff with Lucifer trying to break up with Eve was hilarious.

11. kitik

Victorious-gamer Eve and fantasy football Eve and Dukes of Hazzard-watching Eve were all great.

As mentioned upthread, the 10 episode length likely helped trim a lot of the fat, and made the huge wins like those Eve scenes feel like a much larger part of the show.

However, a few characters did feel a little short-changed. Specifically Ella, Dan, and Trixie. I don't even know if Trixie even appeared in 5 episodes this season. Ella had a story about losing her faith and then finding it again, but it felt really underdeveloped. That story felt like it needed a lot more scenes to make it work.

Velocity likes this.
  12. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

The showrunners have said the bonus holdover episodes from season 3 don't really fit into season 4, and to watch the "ghost" bonus episode between 3x15 and 3x16. They also think "alternate reality" episode fits fine where it is, as a bit of a calm before the storm between seasons 3 and 4.

Kitty Worrier likes this.
  13. Kirk Prime

Kirk Prime Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I really liked Eve this season, and my feeling on Ella was that she went through an arc. Charlotte's death in Season 3 had ramifications for Dan and Ella, and it's fine that they used this season to work through it. I would be surprised if there is no season 5. I think the show was good enough to merit it.

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sure it was good enough, but sadly that doesn't mean anything when it comes to whether or not a show is renewed.

15. Kirk Prime

Kirk Prime Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well, being good enough should mean they can make more money off it.

16. kitik

It's tough to tell with Netflix. I think they base their renewals on a mixture of viewership numbers and social media engagements. Whatever the hell that is.

If you've already watched all of season 4, and want to see more, the best thing you could do is send out a tweet about season 4. Something like "I loved #Lucifer season 4. You should all watch it. Eve and all the characters were great." Or whatever you want to say about Lucifer. That's probably more useful than "gimme season 5", because I'm under the impression that Netflix wants you to tell other people to watch Lucifer/Netflix too.

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

This is the closes I come to social media.

Velocity and Ovation like this.
  18. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

Same for me.

19. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

Snaploud, Ovation and OCD Geek like this.