Spoilers Loki season 2-- spoilers and discussion

Turtletrekker

Admiral
Admiral

I can't wait to see the story continue from where it left on on season 1 and how it will affect the MCU moving forward. Tom Hiddleston and Owen Wilson have incredible chemistry together, as do Tom Hiddleston and Sophie DeMartina and I can't wait to see what Ke Huy Quan adds to the mix.

Also, as with Ahsoka, the episodes of Loki season 2 will be dropping in prime time at 6:00 pacific, 9:00 Eastern, with the first dropping on Thursday October 5th, with the remaining episodes following suit.

https://thedirect.com/article/loki-season-2-release-date-change

Finally, in the spirit of some Facebook groups that I'm in that focus on That '70s Show and That '90s Show that are approving posts about the character of Hyde, but none about the recent headlines about Danny Masterson, let's focus our conversation on the character of Kang, and not the legal troubles that Jonathan Majors is currently facing. Reference to it may or may not come up in discussion of the story, but let's not turn it into an off-topic debate. I'm sure the mods would appreciate that as well.

Last edited:
I changed my part-time schedule to leave Tuesdays open to watch Ahsoka. Looks like another schedule change is on its way.

Kudos to your entertainment commitments. I only ever took a day off for the premiere showing of Star Wars Force Awakens and boy did i regret spending a vacation day on that one :lol:

Loki / Tom Hiddleston is one of the few remnants left of a time when the MCU was truly great. Let's hope the show delivers again.

Also, as with Ahsoka, the episodes of Loki season 2 will be dropping in prime time at 6:00 pacific, 9:00 Eastern, with the first dropping on Thursday October 5th, with the remaining episodes following suit.
Damn, that's disappointing but I guess I've gotten too accustomed to streaming. Feels like we're slowly moving back to the broadcast methods...but without commercials and with the instant ability to watch it whenever.

Finally, in the spirit of some Facebook groups that I'm in that focus on That 70s Show and That '90s Show that are approving posts about the character of Hyde, but none about the recent headlines about Danny Masterson, let's focus our conversation on the character of Kang, and not the legal troubles that Jonathan Majors is currently facing. Reference to it may or may not come up in discussion of the story, but let's not turn it into an off-topic debate. I'm sure the mods would appreciate that as well.
Hear, hear!

Besides, the best place to discuss Majors is in the MCU thread because it covers the greater MCU which Majors is already part of and may or may not be in the future.

Last edited:
Really looking forward to this, I loved Season 1 and can't wait to see where things go after the cliffhanger.
I'm very curious about Ke Huy Quan's character, he was great in Everything, Everywhere, All at Once.

Which reminds me, season 1 is going to be released on Blu-ray next week, at least in North America anyway. Though it's hella expensive, so if a rewatch is all you're interested in to prepare for the new season you're likely better off reviewing it on Disney+.

The 9PM drop is a change I don't mind. It gives a moment that most people can catch it when it "airs" and avoid spoilers. Otherwise, you either have to try to catch it undesirably early in the morning or try to go the whole day avoiding comments and articles. And if you don't like the channel dictating your viewership you can just watch it "on demand" the next day like always.

I do think streamers need to get better at labeling when next episodes will air if they don't do the binge model. Some are better than others in this regard where some it's a complete mystery if you don't find it externally.

Yeah, it also makes it a lot easier to get online to talk about it after you watch it, since there's pretty good chance that everyone is getting on at the same time to watch it.

I had my reservations about “Loki”, but after watching the interplay and chemistry (as has been mentioned) in Season 1, I became a fan.

The Season 2 Premiere is one of only two entries in my calendar, the other being “The Continental”

I remain Hopeful!!!

Since I will be forced to watch Season 2 thanks to my family (unless I end up falling asleep), here's hoping that this season will feature good writing, in compare to the first season. Perhaps I should just skip it altogether. It's probably for the best.

Back