Locutus of Bored Has Passed Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

T'Bonz

Romulan Curmudgeon
Administrator
Hello everyone. I have the sad task of announcing the passing of one of moderators, who died several days ago, Locutus of Bored.

We knew him by that name, but LOB's real name was Patrick. Patrick had just turned forty-nine on Christmas Day.

Patrick grew up in Huntington Beach, California, only in recent years moving to Las Vegas. Confined to home due to severe disabilities, he joined TrekBBS in 2004. In 2009, he became a moderator, replacing Holdfast in Miscellaneous. Over time, he could be found in Star Trek: Discovery, Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe, and wherever he was needed. Locutus of Bored was a very dedicated and hard-working moderator, capable of working in both the easy and the difficult forums.

In real life as well as on the boards, Patrick, in spite of the many challenges in his own life, was an optimist, with a passion for the underdog. He was a true liberal. Patrick would always stand up for those who were "underprivileged and underrepresented." According to fellow mod 1001001, who provided much of the biographical info written here, Patrick "...had the most epic troll take-downs the board ever saw, and his meme game was second only to my own." Patrick was clever and sharp-tongued, yet compassionate, and many of his fellow co-mods have shared stories of him helping them when they were new mods and unsure of what to do.

Patrick's loss will be keenly felt here. Personally, I found him to be an excellent moderator and he took no crap from anyone, including me. But he and I both knew that we had each other's back. It's a very sad thing for me to see a young man go well before his time.I still can't quite believe it. This place won't be the same without him.

Rest in peace, Patrick, AKA Locutus of Bored. You've earned it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back