Levi, Moore, and Menken to reunite for 2017 Tangled TV series

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Jun 3, 2015.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

2. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Is this for real?!

"Tangled" is one of my all-time favorite Disney movies (suck it, Frozen!). I love this.

3. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

Will Elsa and Anna appear (since it's a shared universe)?

4. Tallguy

Tallguy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I would love it if this series looked like the end credits of the movie.

5. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

6. Khan444

Khan444 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Disney seems really cautious about doing full-on sequels to their animated films. They've only done a handful of theatrical ones and John Lasseter shut down the Direct to Video line when he took over. They're doing Frozen 2 because, well it was absurdly successful, and has sustained that success for several years now.

I like this idea, Tangled was a really good film. And it's cool that they got Levi and Moore to come back as well.

7. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

^Frozen was I think successful because of excellent marketing. Storywise I found it far weaker than Tangled.

Supposedly the new series will be 2D.

8. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Frozen was successful because people who saw it liked it so much, told other people that it was great, and in many cases returned to see it multiple times.

Marketing and promotion can open a movie. They can't make it successful and they certainly can't make it a huge, ongoing hit. Certainly every studio wishes that it worked that way.

9. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

The marketing for Frozen before it was released really sucked.

The terrible trailers that made it appear to be a movie about a snowman. Disney made every attempt to hide the fact that it was a musical from the public.

Tangled faced similar problems, with early trailers that it made the movie look to be about the dashing thief Flynn and his maybe girlfriend. One thing is for sure, Disney marketing can't help but pander to the boys.

Frozen only became big after many people saw it and told others that they liked it.

10. Trek Survivor

Trek Survivor Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

My daughters will love this news... except 2017 is too far away! Hopefully they still love "Tangled" as much as they do now!

11. mos6507

mos6507 Commodore Commodore

Can someone confirm whether the look of the show is going to be 2D or 3D? The promo makes it look like almost like south-park paper cutouts.

12. Beagleman

Beagleman Commodore Commodore

This is awesome, personaly I liked Frozen a tad more but this isn't a competition and Tangeld was a great film. I'm exited.

13. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oh man I hated Frozen. It was nothing but a framing device for "Let it Go"

But Tangled I actually really liked, I'm a bit skeptical about a series, it would never be as good as the movie.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't think any of the sites reporting on it have said yet. The story on IGN said they weren't sure if the promo picture was showing the actual style of the show, or if it was purely something they put together for the announcement. I find it kind of doubtful that they would go for a style that was so far away from the look of the movie, but I guess it's not totally impossible.

15. Fabrux

Fabrux Ensign Red Shirt

Here's hoping they finally decide what to do with Rapunzel's hair.

16. Tallguy

Tallguy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Short haired Rapunzel or I'm going home.

17. Fabrux

Fabrux Ensign Red Shirt

Agreed! Tangled is one of my daughter's favourite movies and Rapunzel her favourite princess (so far; she's 2). So, I'm no stranger to all sorts of Disney licensed works. The only instance other than Tangled Ever After that I've seen Rapunzel with short hair was in one book! Everywhere else she has blonde hair of indeterminate length.