Legendary's Godzilla 2 & beyond - News & Rumors

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Kai "the spy", May 11, 2016.

1. captainkirk

captainkirk Commodore Commodore

It looks a lot like the Super-X from Godzilla 1985.

2. DarrenTR1970

DarrenTR1970 Commodore Commodore

Its funny, I'm sitting here in the break room having lunch, watching the trailer on my phone and all of a sudden I've got three of my coworkers standing over my shoulder going, 'Is that what I think it is?' And cheering and saying 'Awesome'. So it's definitely doing what it set out to do.

Kai "the spy" and The Nth Doctor like this.
  3. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Kai "the spy" likes this.
  4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Making an axe like that isn't that ridiculous, sticking one of Godzilla's dorsal blades through a tree or whatever, isn't really that far off from the kind of tools real world apes make.

publiusr and The Nth Doctor like this.
  5. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There's that shot in the trailer with Kong about to cleave Godzilla's skull with that thing and Goji is "nuking" it with his atomic breath. I suspect if any biological matter could "resist" his "nuclear loogies", I'd say one of his dorsal plates might do it. The bone "handle"? Who knows? Could be that part get vaporized and the dorsal plate goes spinning like a Cessna sized Frisbee. Or the bone might be from the skeleton of another Goji type Kaiju and thus deflect those energies better. Regardless, it'll be neat to discover what happens!

The Nth Doctor likes this.
  6. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

Didn't they mention an ancient war in the trailer? The Ax might be a relict from that time.

7. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

8. captainkirk

The plate might not even be from Godzilla. It could be from a dead ancestor. The bone as well.

9. Kai "the spy"

That's what I meant.

Edit: Just watched the German trailer (same footage, don't get your hopes up), and they said "Only in theaters" at the end. So, while theaters are still shut down, and will be until at least February 14th, they seem intent on not selling it to a streaming service available in Germany (as they haven't done with WW84, either). I am looking forward to see the movie on the big screen, even if it takes a bit longer.

Edit, again: Bumped to March 31. Maybe they should announce the date only after deciding on it? I mean, will they bump it another week next Tuesday?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
  10. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

How dare you guys bring logic to the situation! :lol:

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

12. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

If Mechagodzilla is in this I'm going to be very happy.

13. Kai "the spy"

Wouldn't it be weird if Mechagodzilla appeared, and they used the design from Ready Player One?!

publiusr likes this.
  14. captainkirk

It's extremely unlikely to happen, but it would explain why it's not any of the old designs, the game is using the design from this movie.

15. Kai "the spy"

Okay, first things first, apparently there's an anime titled "Skull Island" set in the MonsterVerse coming from Legendary and Powerhouse Animation. So, that's cool.

But a bit juicy is the fact that it will be on Netflix.

Tomb Raider, Kong: Skull Island Anime Series Land At Netflix

Seems like, though WB could work out a deal good enough for Legendary not to go to court, Legendary might still be soured on WB. This could have been on HBO Max, after all.

publiusr and The Nth Doctor like this.
  16. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, guess they must have really pissed them off.
    Definitely interested in the anime.
    Funko has revealed their Pops for the movie. Once I'm back to buying stuff like this, at least one or two of these will probably end up being added to my collection.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
  17. captainkirk

So Netflix will have animated series for Jurassic World, Godzilla, Pacific Rim, and now King Kong. They really know how to keep me subscribed.

18. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Pretty big failure on NBCUniversal's part not to secure those series for Peacock, since they've partnered with Legendary on all of those properties.

19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Pacific Rim, Kong and Godzilla are WB, so they would go to HBO Max, not Peacock.

20. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I got myself mixed up because Jurassic World and Pacific Rim: Uprising were done with Universal (although the first Pacific Rim was a Legendary co-production with WB) while the Kong/Godzilla films are Legendary Pictures productions that they teamed up with WB to make (Legendary, not WB, are the ones licensing the Godzilla rights from Toho). Apparently Kong: Skull Island also started as a co-production with Universal, but Legendary moved it over to WB to create the shared universe with Godzilla.