Lanthanites and Pelia - speculation

Well it's 2260ish.. If she says "over a hundred years" since shes been a crew member on a starship.. That puts her at the romulan war or birth of federation time.

This provides a convenient connection to ENT since Pike's ship might not have been the first Starfleet ship named Enterprise Pelia spent time on.

If I was a writer on the show, I'd have her say, "This is actually the fourth ship named Enterprise I have served on" just to make the fans go into apoplexy.
That'd be easy to accept. She was on board Pike's Ent, Archer's Ent, the World War II CV-6 Ent, and also she was on board the CVN-65 Enterprise when Chekov and Uhura snuck on board to steal precious photons. ;)

The Lanthanites were probably named after the Greek word lanthánō.

I speculate that they were actually the origin of many of our myths and legends about witches or faeries. Pelia certainly comes off a little witchy (delightfully so). If there was a nigh-immortal race of human-like beings on Earth for centuries, acquiring knowledge and occasionally stepping in to meddle with Homo sapiens affairs, I could see them being credited with supernatural qualities by humans who began to suspect they weren't entirely what they appeared to be.

Now, did they co-evolve with humans, or did they take refuge on Earth after leaving their original world? I kind of like the former theory.

For Witch Star Trek already did that, they are called the Magans.

And folks Spock said her species moved among OTHER humans, that means Lanthinites are a human species, just not of Homo Sapiens.

In Trek, "human" may be a term used to describe a number of identical-looking species across the Galaxy, but "Terran" could be used to specifically describe humans from Earth.

Given we have a time travel episode to modern times coming up in a couple weeks, I wonder if we run into a younger Pelia?
I wish. I've seen younger photos of Carol Kane and... :luvlove:

That being said, this isn't that other star franchise, meaning they don't do deepfakes. So if we get younger Pelia she's just going to be some younger blonde actress with a passing resemblance to Carol.

Now, did they co-evolve with humans, or did they take refuge on Earth after leaving their original world? I kind of like the former theory.
If they evolved on Earth they wouldn't be aliens from our perspective.

We already know they weren't the only ones. There were Vulcans and a Romulan living on Earth as humans at one time or another before First Contact. And probably plenty of other ones I'm forgetting. ;)
When were Romulans on Earth prior to First Contact?

If I was a writer on the show, I'd have her say, "This is actually the fourth ship named Enterprise I have served on" just to make the fans go into apoplexy.
Even with Star Trek: Enterprise, there are gaps in human spaceflight history post Cochrane. Sure you could fit in a handful of Enterprises, like the Ringship Enterprise that's already been mentioned.

Last edited:
Back