Klingon F5 Frigate WIP

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Icy_Penguigo, Mar 11, 2009.

1. USS Mariner

USS Mariner Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It looks cute with the goatee. ;)

2. Icy_Penguigo

Icy_Penguigo Captain Captain

I appreciate the feedback. However, this is not my design, and I can't deviate from the established design too much. See links:

http://www.starfleetgames.com/minis/KLN/KlingonF5front.jpg

http://store.starfleetstore.com/mer...ore_Code=S&Product_Code=0306&Category_Code=KM

Amarillo Design Bureau pays me to make these, so what they want, they get. I do try to improve the overall aesthetics of the designs anywhere I can get away with it and if I think it's warranted. I am going to see if I can get away with leaving off the big goofy dish from the front of the ship though. Petrick will probably nail me on that though, and I'll end up putting it back on. :p

Thanks everybody!

3. largo

largo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

man, i've been saying all that about the ford mustang for YEARS. ford shouldn't be allowed to build more than one body type, or update it. ever.

4. DRACO

DRACO Captain Captain

WOW! love it!

and she looks fast to, :)

but, shouldn't the hulls be green, or are you doing something different, because I noticed some of the lowing lights/exhaust/ect. by the bridge are green... and it may not show up well?

also, Klingon bridges, very oval like yet when we see them from the inside, not so much, whats up with that? or is that not the bridge of there vessel? not your fault, its the way they all are, but does anyone know why?

5. DRACO

DRACO Captain Captain

nah, I think it's fine the way it is, and who said those are vents?

heh yeah, thats what I was thinking :)

6. QuasarVM

QuasarVM Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think he should color map it lime green -- like the AMT kit a friend of mine had. Yes, it was molded in lime green. :lol:

I also saw an orange one and an olive green one...and a black one.

I digress, but AMT used to mold it's kits in some funky colors for a while there. I'd say mid to late 70's this was going on.

Hmmm...maybe I should start a thread on this...:lol:

7. Icy_Penguigo

Icy_Penguigo Captain Captain

I am honestly not sure where the green lights came from. I have a very vague memory of seeing a D7 with those parts lit up neon green like that, and I always liked that for some reason. I must not be crazy though because I've seen other peoples' D7 models on the internet with the same parts colored green. Can anyone fill in the gaps in my memory?

Also, I don't believe the bridge takes up that entire dome. There are some other rooms and facilities in there as well. In my own personal canon, the old McMaster's D7 blueprints are "correct", so please refer to those to see what I am talking about.

Anyway, thanks guys. I have some more stuff coming soon.

8. Bernard Guignard

Bernard Guignard Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hello Icy the Green parts come from the AMT Klingon model produced
    from the late 70's and eighties they had clear Green plastic bits that went
    on the bridge and on the sides of the command pod where the saw tooth
    pattern is on the ship. McMaster's blueprints has a mess hall located there
    I think Great job on the F-5 By the way :techman:

9. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I agree it does look cute ^__^