Just finished the first season!!!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Danoz, Jul 8, 2007.

1. Danoz

Danoz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Allow me to say, I REALLY enjoyed this season (being a big trek fan and having never seen these episodes). The pilot was excellent, and it really set the stage for Sisko's character and the conflict between the Federation and Bajoran interests. I think my favorite episode may have been "Duet", and I'm looking forward to watching season two.

Sweet!

2. Good Will Riker

Good Will Riker Admiral

I especially enjoyed the 1st, as well as the final 2 episodes of this season.

Of course, the best is yet to come. :thumbsup:

3. Wicca who Wonta

Wicca who Wonta Vice Admiral Admiral

Duet is one of my favourite episodes too! :)

4. Can

Can Commander Red Shirt

In Duet there is something which we see seldom in sc-fi. Fine acting , good character and dialoge writing. Nothing else. It shows that it is possible to do decent sci-fi without CGI , massive battles or silly slapstick humour ( the last one is not required at all in fact ) Duet was like a stage play with decent actors and it wasn't boring even for one moment

5. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I agree Season One is pretty impressive, especially for a first season of Star Trek. I loved a few of the episodes, including Captive Pursuit, Dax, Duet, Dramatis Personae, and In the Hands of the Prophets. DS9 is one of those series where just about every season was really enjoyable.

6. Kira Nerys

Kira Nerys Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Season has always been a personal favorite,glad you enjoyed it.

7. jbake

jbake Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I like the first series of DS9 too. The station had a dark slightly crime-city feel it. There was a sense of danger about it.

I like also, Quark and Odo's makeup. They both appear more sinister, more hardened. Odo especially, as there was little latex used on the face to smooth the sallowed angular cheeks. Odo had a sense of menace about him, quite scarey. Certainly not, the cuddlywuddly smoothed-faced Odo of later seasons

Dax looked dropdead gorgeous with that blackred lipstck, shame they stopped using it. It really suited her hair colour and face frame.
    Kira looked so cute in her little Bajoran red tunic, pixie boots and earnest manner.

To see the friction between Quark, Odo, Dax, Kira, Sisko is very odd, I had forgotten about that.

8. TiberiusK

TiberiusK Captain Captain

Season 1 was great. I never understand complaints that DS9 didn't get good until later. It certainly got more intense, and season 6 is my fav season of any trek period, even beating TOS 1.

But DS9 1 was certainly better than the first season of TNG, VOY, and ENT.

9. J47

J47 Commander Red Shirt

I recently finished the first season as well. While I'd seen episodes here and there, I wasn't a fan of the show when it originally aired so it was all from repeats. The one thing I noted most about the season is that it's a frakking miracle that anyone came to like Bashir on the show. He was SO obnoxious.

10. jbake

jbake Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I agree about Bashir lol, he was puppydog earnest, soooo starfleet blindly sprouting starfleet dogma, and an infantile womaniser(was like watching a randy teenager lol)

Bashir almost got axed according to Siddig here
    I forgot Garik, loved his first appearance, in his very fetching outfit

11. Leroy

Leroy Commodore Commodore

While I still think the first season was weak overall I really like the first episode I think it was the best first episode of the trek shows and Duet was superb.

12. the_wildcard

the_wildcard Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

First, let me just say.....IT ONLY GETS BETTER!

And I agree, the season premiere is absolutely terrific. What's better is that once you finish the entire show and rewatch the premiere, you start to appreciate all of the subtle symbolism.