Jurassic World website opens

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Doctorwhovian, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Doctorwhovian

Doctorwhovian Fleet Captain

It's kind of funny/ironic that a lot of feathered Dinosaur reconstructions kind of do look like "Six foot turkeys" :) IMO

2. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

In case anyone wants a pic of the map and size chart:

(click to enlarge)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Man, seeing the dinosaur (and pteranodon and mesosaurus) scale has me excited all over again. It's such a damn shame they'll be overshadowed by this made-up dinosaur. :rolleyes: :sigh:

But hey, at least I finally get my favorite dinosaur, ankylosaurus, on the big screen! :)

4. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

No kidding.

Why did we forget these things? Dinosaurs were so important!

5. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Now, now if InGen didn't have their monstrosity that it was a horrible idea to make running around we wouldn't have them doing the necessary not so good idea thing a Jurassic Park movie usually needs at some point.

6. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I will just be happy with dinosaurs eating people again, and hope the movie has a crazy ending for future sequels.

7. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

Introducing the Raptorz:
    [​IMG]

8. Doctorwhovian

Doctorwhovian Fleet Captain

9. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Ah, InGen you and your need to make really really horrible decisions that get people eaten.

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just noticed I haven't posted in the thread yet. The more I see of this the better it looks. This is quickly becoming one of my most anticipated new movies this summer.

11. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Definitely. Just saw the new preview last night during the Walking Dead and it looks really good. :)

12. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Real talk, guys: I dreamt last night that I was watching this movie, and that it was totally badass. Alarms were going off, people were evacuating to the beach, and Pratt hadn't even showed up yet. After a while, the alarms were cancelled, and the guests started returning to the attractions. But then mellon-farming Roland Tembo appeared (that's right, the late, great Pete Postlethwaite hunter from The Lost World), suspicious and pissed off as all hell, jumping over a fence into a restricted employee area, shrugging off tranquilizer darts, and punching InGen security goons in their faces. And I was all, "fudge yeah! I didn't know Postlethwaite was even in this joint! Nice!"

... Needless to say, it was one of my better dreams in a while. :p

13. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

new trailer
    [yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJJrkyHas78[/yt]
    a lot of new posters are out too

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

That was a pretty great trailer. I'm really looking forward to this one. I think this will be my last trailer or clip other than BTS stuff until the movie comes out.

15. Locutus of Bored

That was amazing. I'm even warming up to the raptors being somewhat (though clearly not by much) domesticated.

16. Flying Spaghetti Monster

I'm not warming up to the fact that so much is just CGI and not special anymore. In the original film, the T-Rex was the perfect combination of an animatronic robot and CGI, and it felt more real than anything in this trailer.

Also.. it was a T-Rex.. part of what made that film so good was seeing animals that were real and existed.. they walked in the same spaces we now occupy. The Indomous Rex might as well be Smaug.

17. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

T-Rex from the original movie was probably as far removed from T-Rex in real life as Indomous Rex is.
    So much has been learned in the last two decades, that most of the knowledge used to create the realistic dinosaurs from the first movie is now outdated.

18. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Also..... FSM....

You do realize that you basicly have nothing good to say about anything modern when it comes to movies, right? The only movies you think are good are those from your childhood, or those resembling it. But you do realize that at some point, those movies from your childhood were considered by moviebuffs back then as being subpar of the classics of their childhood? That basicly, you're a grumpy grandpa who doesn't approve of what these youngsters are doing, unless they are doing it in a way they did when you were a youngster.

19. Locutus of Bored

There are practical effects and animatronic dinosaurs in the film.

That absolute reality is why the Velociraptors in the movie come up to about a grown man's knee, right? They upscaled them to be more intimidating, and based them more on sort of hybrid of Deinonychus and Utahraptor rather than Velociraptor.

[​IMG]

Also, there are plenty of real dinosaurs in this film too, including T. rex, so what's the problem with one genetically engineered hybrid, since genetically engineered hybrid dinosaurs have been a feature of the films right from the start (remember the frog DNA)?

20. Flying Spaghetti Monster

What do you want? I'm statimng my impressions and opinions.. and certainly they could change. I look at what's on screen and I don't get the visceral sense that the creatures are real that I get when watching the original film.. but that's just how I feel. (and I think there's some validity to how shark-feeding scene has changed from the original teaser to the super bowl spot.. to me it's just a CGI image being tweaked). I could be wrong when it opens. I cans see that a few shots are animatronic to be sure.. but I don't get the visceral sense that these creatures are as awesome and as a real as they should be. It almost seems like old hat.

The whole velociraptor thing has been talked about to death. There is another species of dinosaur that is more what the velociraptors of the film were, but the film had come out and entered the public consciousness very fast, so to make the change to the species name - and to use it against me in an argument- seems really too petty for me to respond to.