News Jurassic World’ Animated Series Headed To Netflix In 2020

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Enterprise is Great, Jun 4, 2019.

1. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Yay. This probably means we get more dino LEGO sets.

publiusr likes this.
  2. captainkirk

captainkirk Commodore Commodore

We have a full trailer and a release date:

So it's coming September 18th. I've seen a lot of negativity around this from people who say it looks too childish and cartoony. I'm not sure if they saw the same trailer as me, because it looks like they're going for a surprisingly scary feel. I doubt we're going to see anyone get torn to shreds by dinosaurs, but I don't think it's going to be as kid-friendly as the LEGO shorts.

3. Bornin1980something

Bornin1980something Captain Captain

Ooh, ahh, that's how it always starts. Then later there's running, and screaming.

Gaith likes this.
  4. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

They might actually kill a kid on this show.

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Looks pretty good to me.

6. Bornin1980something

Bornin1980something Captain Captain

You know, this might address one of my complaints about about Jurassic World (2015), the fact that we didn't see many tourist in danger shots. Westworld (1973 film) had far more. The title actually addresses an old complaint, that most of the dinosaurs are not jurassic, but cretaceous. I also like the return of the fiery red text.

Anyway it's up now. I'll probably start it when I've finished Away. And I hope it brings us some great Lego sets.

7. captainkirk

captainkirk Commodore Commodore

Just finished the series. I really liked it. The first few episodes are a little slow, but once it gets going it doesn't let up. It also gets surprisingly dark for a kids show.
    With everyone killed by the Indominus, as well as Darius's father, it has a body count at least as high as the first JP. And that's not even taking into account the deaths of Masrani and the ACU team from the film.
    Speaking of which, a good example of animation taking advantage of its restrictions was the scene that happens concurrently with the ACU massacre. They obviously can't show a scene like that in a kids cartoon, so instead we see the shelf of all the radios and hear terrified screams, watching the lights go out until no one's left. That's far more effective to me than just showing it.

Morpheus 02 likes this.
  8. Oddish

Oddish Admiral Admiral

There's not one problem on Jurassic World that wouldn't have been quickly resolved with a few surplus Apaches with 30mm chain guns and air to ground missiles.

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think that's probably true of most movies.

10. Oddish

Oddish Admiral Admiral

Indubitably. But the people who run Jurassic World have the resources to acquire such aircraft. John Hammond might have "spared no expense" on his tour narrator and ice cream, but he skimped big time on his security armaments, which consisted of M-16's and Benelli M-4's. Those are weapons designed to fight humans, not dinosaurs.