Jurassic Park Operation Genesis

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Solariabsg25, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Solariabsg25

Solariabsg25 Commodore Commodore

This was a very enjoyable game on the PS2, and I have a PC version around here somewhere, which is apparently extremely rare these days.

Someone was attempting to do a non-profit sorta-sequel Jurassic Genetics, which despite the fact that it seems to be incredibly popular does not seem to be getting off the ground, as there are a number of accusations flying around about the designer's stealing from other games designs. There was even a brief kickstarter which has now been ended (not sure how offering "free" DLC was an incentive, as if you have to charge for it, then Universal would want to get a piece of the pie!).

Given this popularity though, and the upcoming Jurassic World, would it be profitable for a major games company to come up with a proper sequel?

I'd certainly like to see it, and it would be a superior movie tie-in cash-in than the usual fare, plus the phenominal success of Minecraft has shown there's a market out there for open-world builders.

Not every AAA title needs to be COD, NFL or FIFA!

2. KaineMorrison

KaineMorrison Lieutenant Commander

I used to have this on the GBA! I liked it pack then! It was fun building up the Park and randomly removing Fences and watching Chaos ensue!

I should find this PC version you speak of.