Contest: ENTER July/August Challenge: Storytime

Count Zero

No nation but procrastination
Here's @ColdFusion180 's new challenge theme:
Storytime. Any Star Trek series, era, canon, non-canon, ships, crews or characters welcome.

ETA: Some clarification on the theme:
Stories are a universal form of social and cultural activity. The means and motive behind the telling and sharing of stories are endless. The challenge is to write a story about a story or storytelling. Possible examples are an officer telling a story in order to inspire others, a wise elder passing on wisdom and moral lessons to a younger generation, a historic account or record of epic lore, someone spinning grand tales of excitement and adventure or a simple exchange of amusing anecdotes for fun and entertainment.

The preliminary deadline is August 31st. I'm looking forward to your entries.

Last edited:
I humbly submit My 1st story here. The Premier of Star Trek: Mjolnir. Episode 1- Apocalypse Rising

I take it as the latter, just tell a story, anything goes.

However, episode 5 of The Vulcan: Seeing is Believing part 1, Skyvik tells a story, so I have one that fits that description too.

-Will

Here is a little more information about the intended theme:

Stories are a universal form of social and cultural activity. The means and motive behind the telling and sharing of stories are endless. The challenge is to write a story about a story or storytelling. Possible examples are an officer telling a story in order to inspire others, a wise elder passing on wisdom and moral lessons to a younger generation, a historic account or record of epic lore, someone spinning grand tales of excitement and adventure or a simple exchange of amusing anecdotes for fun and entertainment.

Hope this helps clarify the theme. Have fun writing!

News report should qualify.
50fd1871-2206-40a2-a190-4ad8947d3394_text.gif

-Will

Here's my hat in the ring: "Where Everybody Knows Your Name"

@Bynar0110 Please clarify which story you want to submit.

Is anyone still working on something? I plan to open the voting thread tomorrow my time.

Back