"James Bond 23" officially slated for 2012!

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by JacksonArcher, Jan 11, 2011.

1. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

There's a James Bond car exhibit at a place near me called Beaulieu, I went a couple of weeks ago and it was really cool. I've just seen a poster advertising that they have a vehicle from Skyfall now on display, I missed it by two weeks!

2. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

He actually looks a little like Moss in The IT Crowd.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100819191628/theitcrowd/images/c/cd/Moss_at_Countdown.png

My favourite bit in the IMAX trailer is the bit about where Bond is, with M saying 'somewhere in the South China sea.' When asked if she can't be more precise than that, she replies "When you've worked with Bond as long as I have, you'll realise that 'somewhere in the South China sea' is precise information!"

3. Rush Limborg

Rush Limborg Vice Admiral Admiral

Just this afternoon, I saw the IMAX trailer, attached to The Dark Knight Rises.

FIRST--this film is now established to have one of the biggest MacGuffins in the entire Bond franchise. And no, it's not the cliched "saving the world from total annihilation". When I heard that voice in the trailer describe exactly what was at stake--I lunged forward in my seat, my eyes bulged wide, "Oh...my...gosh!"

SECOND--just like that--all my fears about the young Q being a stereotypical "pocket-protector" nerd are thown out the window. He is the snarky, crotchety* fellow we know and love--appearing quite contemptuous of Bond, seemingly seeing him as little more than a "trigger". I loved the man the moment I heard his voice in the trailer...and a grin filled my face when Bond referred to him (in a wry tone) as..."Q".
    (Here's hoping his surname name is given on-screen as...Boothroyd.)

THIRD--I am really looking forward, now (as if I weren't already!) to Berenice Marlohe's role as Severine--a larger-than-life, glamorous Bond Girl, as commanding and charismatic as she is beautiful and sexy.

FOURTH...
    Severine (in a glamorous evening dress): Mister...?

007 (in The Tux): Bond. James Bond.

Need I say more? :cool:

*(Don't know if that term can really be applied to a youngster, but--what the heck....)

4. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I absolutely loved the banter between Q and Bond. "I'm your new quartermaster." "You must be joking." LOL.

5. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Is the IMAX trailer available anywhere other than IMAX? ;)

6. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

I looked on You tube earlier, although they claim it's the imax one, the ones I found were just the original trailer from a couple of months back.

7. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Same here - no sign of it, just lots of mislabelled copies of the previous one.

8. Admiral_Young

I did see one on youtube...but it was really crappy and cam recorded with too many heads in front of the camera. I just basically listened to the dialogue. I'm surprised it isn't online already.

9. Rush Limborg

They must--MUST--follow that with, "I never joke about my work, 007"--or some such variant.

10. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Oh well sure it'll be round eventually!

11. marillion

marillion Vice Admiral Admiral

It will be interesting to see how he plays out... The original Q was always older than Bond and though there was plenty of snarkyness from him toward 007, you always got the idea that he felt, hmmmm, perhaps fatherly toward Bond... While he was quick with a quip or insult, there was always a smile in his eye...

12. Rush Limborg

^Hmm...perhaps a brother-brother banter/friendship develops, in this case?

13. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^ Connery and Llwellyn were not quite contemporaries but could have been brothers in age. But Llwellyn remained in the role long enough to be a father figure to Dalton and Brosnan. So it's possible that Whishaw will age alongside Craig's successor(s).

14. inflatabledalek

inflatabledalek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The Olympics Bond bit helped kick off what up to them had been an really odd (almost American-TV-ey) idea of Britishness (Bee keeping?!). Short and sweet but I loved how they made it look as if it was just going to be a double for the Queen before she turned round.

And, we're probably the only country on Earth that would probably do something as silly as that like that with our Head of State. I couldn't see, say, Obama parachuting out of the Bat Wing (even if he'd very likely be up for it).

Though considering it's Bond... He shagged her didn't he?

15. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Vice Admiral Admiral

Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  16. CaptainCanada

CaptainCanada Admiral Admiral

It's nice after 50+ years on her Secret Service that he finally got to meet her.

17. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

the bit with Churchill's statue waving was...odd.

18. Admiral_Young

19. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

I saw The Dark Knight Rises at an IMAX theater in Japan today but they played the first trailer instead of the new one. :(

20. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

This is what you call security...
    [​IMG]

Nice new TV spot from the US coverage