ISS MSD

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Bill Morris, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Bill Morris

Bill Morris Commodore Commodore

Okay, here's a final screengrab from an LCARS box, in case anybody wants it to paste into wallpaper:

[​IMG]

2. Jimmy_C

Jimmy_C Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Looks great! Thanks for the info about floors on the ISS!

3. K'riq Sa

K'riq Sa Commodore

Sweet ....

Good work Jose (as usual).

missappropriately,

K'riq Sa
    Minister of the Church of Destiny's Child

4. Bill Morris

Um, Bill. But Jose has seen it.

By the way, the dimensions and mass shown above are for the Nova-class starship. I put the right info in before slipping that into the latest release of LCARS 24.

5. kipron

kipron Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Very nice! :)

(my ONLY nitpick is that the little people should be floating rather than walking. gods, i'm evil.).

6. Bill Morris

Thanks. A little Vulcan technology there: Velcro booties. :vulcan:

7. K'riq Sa

K'riq Sa Commodore

Doh! Sorry Bill... Great work as usual.

I was thinking to myself, what great work you, Jose and others are able to do, and do it so well, and the shear mass of detailed content you constantly turn out, it's mind boggling. Great job....

unreturnably,

K'riq Sa
    Minister of the Church of Bella Donna

8. K'riq Sa

K'riq Sa Commodore

Hey Bill speaking of your LCARS Software, where are the FAQs and the info and system requirements for your Windows version? Have you established a Forum for LCars24?

I looking into an Lcars type system for my project. I remember your's being touchscreen capable, correct?

definatly,

K'riq Sa
    Minister of the Church of Woe Unto Thee

9. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thing is, for functional purposes the station has a definite, foreward, aft, port and starboard, as well as an up and down.

Also, they don't use Vulcan velcro booties on the station - it's too cumbersome to "step" off of them all the time. Instead, they use foot restraints you can easily slip into and out of, which do pretty much the same thing.

Mark

10. Bill Morris

Well, in NASA's published cutaways of ISS modules, except in the case of airlocks, when they show human figures they are almost always shown standing, and they show floors, even if they aren't really there.

I was joking about the Velcro, a reference to ENT: Carbon Creek.

I'm doing an Ambassasor class right now, but I want to get more NASA probes into the LCARS 24 Library. So far, it's just the Hubblle, the Shuttle, and now the ISS. I just need to make the images. The program renders the rest of what you see above in respose to small text file in a special LCARS scripting language. The indication EDIT: F9 means exactly that. A program editor opens, and the user can make changes very easily and see the results instantly or copy and make something new.

11. Johnny Rico

Johnny Rico Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

One last technicalilty. You've got the Node 2 as belonging to the European Agency. That's not entirely correct. It's "officially" a part of the US section although it was built by some European firms for the US.

Also are going to do a top-down view of the station which would include the full spann of the Truss segment.

And were you planning on including those nadir port modules when they become confirmed.

12. Bill Morris

I made a color-coded top-down of the whole thing and tried to squeeze it in on that page, but it was just too small to be meaningful. I do include a photo in the LCARS 24 Libary, though. I already put out a new release of the LCARS system last week, which includes the last version posted above but with the dimensions and mass corrected (those were for the Nova-class starship!). I will in the future update it as necessary. I basically wanted to show a clear overview of the living and laboratory space as it is expected to be.

That's one of many such MSD files included. Most are starships (I just did a nice Ambassador class and posted it on Trek Tech to look for possible corrections), but for NASA stuff I have the Shuttle, ISS, and Hubble (which I'm hoping to redo) and want to do a bunch of probes, even though the materials present the same problem of having to sort through myriad perspective drawings and photos in order to up MSD-style schematics. Most of what you see there is rendered by the program from a 2K stylesheet with the labeling, color, etc. information, using an LCARS-specific scripting language that I developed.

I will post some MSDs of NASA probes here when I have them. For some things, all I've got so far is the story in scrolling text next to an image, on an LCARS screen, like this one for the Mars rovers. There's a multipage thing like this for the shuttle, including an MSD schematic.

[​IMG]