Is that Margaret Armen in Lights of Zetar?

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by johnnybear, Jun 10, 2015.

1. ZapBrannigan

ZapBrannigan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You mean probably not Armin. And thanks for the detailed info! I like to archive notes like this in my episode folders. Otherwise, what's the point of even being obsessive-compulsive? :bolian:

Phaser Two and Harvey like this.
  2. Phaser Two

Phaser Two Commodore Premium Member

Great stuff, Harvey! I love the irony that Memory Alpha mixed up the stage location of . . . Memory Alpha!!!

Spocko, GNDN18 and ZapBrannigan like this.
  3. ZapBrannigan

I can see more than a passing resemblance:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  4. johnnybear

johnnybear Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'd forgotten that I'd posted this one! But it's still not been proven either way is a big let down after so long! :wah:
    JB

5. alensatemybuick1

alensatemybuick1 Captain Captain

6. feek61

feek61 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Remind me not to have you identify a witness for me!!!!! These are not the same person.

7. ZapBrannigan

There is almost 20 years between the two photos. Teeth shift position over the years, especially if you lose a molar. Ask a dentist if a person can have a gap appear in their front teeth over the course of 20 years. The answer will be yes.

I had a very noticeable gap between my two lower front adult teeth for my whole youth. Then they migrated towards each other on their own, and they touch now. Teeth move in some people, very gradually.

I still think it could be Armen in Zetar, not that it probably is.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  8. alensatemybuick1

alensatemybuick1 Captain Captain

I guess the shape of her canines and eye teeth changed too. And her mouth got wider with age as well.

I am as certain it isn't Armen as I am the Earth's core is not filled with club soda...but NOT as certain as I am that the Earth isn't filled with raspberry jam (in other words, certain enough).

Not sure where you got the date of that photo you've been squinting at, Zap, but here's a video of Armen from about 20 years after TLOZ:

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  9. ZapBrannigan

The change of facial expression could have accounted for the mouth being pulled wider. I was looking at the similar shape of her eyes, eyebrows, narrow nostrils, and jawline. And the human face can have a lot of plasticity over a period of 20 years, especially if a Hollywood person has had some work done.

But I was going by only two images and that wasn't enough information. Armen's Starlog interview (Issue 125) was mostly about Star Trek, and "Zetar" never even came up; that also suggests it wasn't her. I'll take your word for it.

10. TLOZ Lover

TLOZ Lover Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

11. feek61

feek61 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Dude, it's obviously not her but I admire and are amused by your stubborn dedication to the idea!!! :)

ZapBrannigan likes this.
  12. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Somebody should run these photos through a facial recognition algorithm.