Iron Man 2: Build up till release DISCUSSION

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Captain Craig, Mar 31, 2010.

1. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

One way to describe that scene: awkward.

Nice to see the chick Tony did a "spread" on from the first movie.

2. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I love Pepper's face. Like "Oh shit its that skank again. Oh match made in hell." and Tony's little lines were a hoot. "Yes, roughly."

LOL

Y'know I normally hate Paltrow in other movies, but y'know with the way they have her written with Tony and with other characters, it sort of reminds me of those old 40s-50s era movies with the two leading characters that have this razor sharp back and forth and half the conversation was told in JUST their facial expressions and body language.

This movie is so gonna kick ass. More than Kick Ass.

3. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

IMAX poster of Mark V

[​IMG]

4. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

5. JRS

JRS Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Cool poster:techman:
    Does anyone know if they are allready planning a third one:cool:?

6. Nick Ryder

Yep - at least one more...

7. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

I actually like Paltrow as an actor a lot. A whole lot. She's more credible than most Americans in any period role, including evoking the kind of character Nick Ryder refers to.

8. Samurai8472

9. JacksonArcher

That was pretty damn tense.

10. StarTrek1701

StarTrek1701 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It looks good! Probably outdo Inception! :D

11. JacksonArcher

Most definitely NOT.

12. StarTrek1701

StarTrek1701 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Everyone in my office, my family and friends circle knows that Iron Man 2 is coming out. Hell, they even know they are making a new version of the Karate Kid. But nobody seems to even have it in their radar that "the director of The Dark Knight has made a movie with Leonardo DiCaprio" and most have reacted a 'meh' to the trailers I've shown them. :lol:

13. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

It depends on what criteria. Financially? Probably. Entertainment? Possibly. As an artistic, creative, or thoughtful piece of cinema? Probably not.

14. Samurai8472

15. Hyperspace05

Hyperspace05 Commodore Commodore

16. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Opens four days from now here ... plus there are already preview screenings in Sydney.

17. JacksonArcher

That's because you have lame friends?

Kidding. Honestly, look, being realistic for a second Iron Man 2 is coming out in a manner of weeks, so of course awareness is at an all-time high. Inception isn't do out for two months. Give it time. When the release date etches closer, more and more people will know about Inception.

On the topic of "Which film will do better?" (which is the sister topic of, "Which penis is bigger, yours or mine?") if I were a betting man I would say Iron Man 2 because it's a sequel to a very successful first film, based on a trademark character which has a built-in fanbase, and is the first legitimate blockbuster of the summer. Inception, on the other hand, besides being boosted by the director of The Dark Knight, a stellar cast and impressive budget, is a film based on no established material, it's not a sequel, and it comes out in the middle of summer (not that it hurt The Dark Knight). I think Inception will be financially successful, but there will have to be a lot of buzz and one hellueva marketing campaign (which there likely will be) in order for the film to be as hugely successful as Iron Man 2 will likely be.

However, this entire discussion is trivial, since you're obviously a fan of Iron Man and you want the sequel to do well, and I'm a fan of Christopher Nolan and I want Inception to do well. At the end of the day, so long as both movies are good, who the hell cares?

18. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ask them about White Chicks 2. :)

19. Nick Ryder

Could be an Iron Man 2 concept thing - maybe even for the game. But I'm getting a cool sorta Whiplash/Crimson Dynamo vibe with it. Makes sense though, we saw him in the trailers with all those War Machine looking armors, plausible that he'd make up an uber-badass suit for the finale of the film

20. JacksonArcher

Jon Favreau on directing Iron Man 3: "I feel like I'm passing the baton"...

Favreau comments on directing the upcoming Cowboys & Aliens, which is his next project starring Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford, and comments furthermore on his involvement with The Avengers as an executive producer and his inevitable involvement as potential director of Iron Man 3. What he had to say...

It sounds like the spectrum for how to approach a third installment would be different than how he's had to approach the first two, since Iron Man 3 would take place in the wake of all those movies and storylines, so it'd be interesting to see how a third film would be done given the context of those movies and those storylines and how the characters progress from there.

Note: It is also interesting to note that according to Favreau, Tony Stark's cameo in The Incredible Hulk takes places chronologically speaking after the events of Iron Man 2.