Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by lewisniven, Jul 1, 2012.
last render of today, I've tweaked some of the materials lightly to look a bit better...
That is looking really good!
Agreed... It looks simply awesome!
Fantastic! Wish I had those kind of Sketch-Up skills. :-)
Well I'm back in full flow. This has taken a bit of a back seat lately, you know, life and other boring stuff getting in the way. Anyway, started modelling the corridor next to Harry's station, and done a fair bit of geometry clean-up work. Another reason this is taking a long time is due to me being a stickler for detail, I'm really trying to get this as accurate as possible, and that means I keep going back and re-doing bits instead of just ploughing on.
more to come.
It looks really good. Just from the renders, I wouldn't have guessed right away that you were doing this in SU. Just out of curiosity, what render program are you using?
thanks very much . I'm using the V-Ray plugin, its unbelievably powerful.
Very impressive work. Nice to see real curved surfaces and such attention to detail.
I suspected it might be V-ray. SU and V-ray produce some great results.
After a good few months away from this, we're back on track. I've just built a new PC so it's much easier to work on this now, it was getting too much for my old rig and renders were taking ages.
So anyway the corridor next to harry's console is finished, and I've started the whole ceiling again, this one is far more accurate, here's how we're looking so far...
I've also pulled the view screen out, that'll need doing again as it was too narrow before.
Which colors are you aiming for? The bridge looks quite different before and after the color adjustment (compare set snapshots to some episode screencaps).
I'm going for as close to screen accurate as I can, as technically that's how they 'should' look.
I've started adding the upper 'ring lights' as I'm calling them, the blue ones here anyway. I've also found a more natural way of creating the light, as opposed to just making the material emissive. The light now essentially sits behind a diffusing filter which while subtle, looks much better and more realistic imo...
Ok, got a fair bit done on this today, done loads of re-work. Doors have all become 6" narrower, making them 3ft wide now which seems far more accurate. Also re done the turbolift area next to Tuvok's console. The console between the chairs has gone in, and I've also done afair bit more to Tom's console too, but thats far from finished yet.
After a busy few weeks I've returned to this, Finished off the lights round the top edges and done some more ceiling work. I've also uploaded the model in it's present state to 3DWarehouse, feel free to check it out;
Separate names with a comma.