Spoilers Interview With Prop Master Mario Moreira

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by Tuskin38, May 23, 2019.

1. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Vice Admiral Admiral

2. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I confess: I originally read that headline as "Marlena Moreau." :)

3. SCE2Aux

SCE2Aux Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

That wheelchair design looks amazing. Honestly the amount of work that goes into this show constantly blows me away. I currently can't watch Discovery on anything other than my laptop, but I'm looking forward to watching it again on a bigger screen where I can goggle at all the details. :bolian:

serabine and NewHeavensNewEarth like this.
  4. XCV330

XCV330 A Being of Pure Caffeine Premium Member

That's really cool that the sec31 phasers are done in metal.

5. Delta Vega

Delta Vega Captain Captain

Fascinating article
    What a cool job that would be
    You would never wake up in the morning and think "Do you know what ? I'm going to have a day off today because I hate my work"

XCV330 likes this.
  6. SCE2Aux

SCE2Aux Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Oh I don't know about that. I've done lots of architectural visualization projects that should have been very enjoyable if it wasn't for bosses/clients making utterly nonsensical alterations to be accomplished under unreasonable timescales.
    That's why I'm full of admiration for people like, for example, Doug Drexler. He was told by the producers to just make the NX-01 an Akira class (possibly even a like for like duplicate). What he accomlished technically obeyed that instruction, whilst also giving the NX-01 its own distinct character. Walking that tightrope is even more complicated than the actual work itself.

Working in a field like vfx or propping sounds like my idea of hell (I should know, since I've got friends who work in the industry), but I do love what they manage to accomplish under the conditions.