Interesting characters that should have recurred

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Laura Cynthia Chambers, Jun 16, 2017.

1. MANT!

MANT! Vice Admiral Admiral

2. TonyC

TonyC Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I did hope that TNG would have possibly went there, I wanted to see the Gorn again, not the CGI one in ENT.
    (I did like the Tholian though..)

I wonder if Yeoman Colt ever made it to first officer?

3. johnnybear

johnnybear Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I doubt it as he was too hefty and his nerve endings probably were hidden away in that thick green skin!
    JB

Spock's Barber likes this.
  4. Poltargyst

Poltargyst Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

How about Zarabel? Or T'Pring?

5. Spock's Barber

Spock's Barber Commodore Commodore

In TAS episode 'Jihad', the Gorn is allied with Kirk and Spock. I would have liked to have seen the Gorn as a regular or background crewmember on board the Enterprise in TOS.

6. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Need I mention Gary Seven and Roberta Lincoln?

Silvermane and CorporalCaptain like this.
  7. johnnybear

johnnybear Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not sure a regular role for a Gorn on the ship would have worked, but it would have been nice to see them at least once a year!
    JB

8. Classic_Colin

Classic_Colin Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Commanders Kor (John Colicos) and Kang (Michael Ansara) [Either of the two should have made recurring appearances as Kirk's arch-rival].

Joanne Linville's unnamed female Romulan Commander.

Khan (Richardo Montalban) and Marla McGivers (Madlyn Rhue) [yes, Montalban returned for The Wrath of Khan, but Rhue's Multiple Sclerosis prevented her from appearing in the film, and I would have liked a TOS episode centred upon the Enterprise checking in on Khan and his Augments on Ceti Alpha V after noticing Klingon spacecraft in nearby space, fearing a Khan-Klingon alliance. However, they land only to discover that Khan has hijacked Klingon Birds of Prey and has intentionally lured the Enterprise into a trap to coerce concessions from the Federation, in pursuit of galactic conquest, and spark a Klingon-Federation war if all else fails (in which he would capitalise upon the conflict and reap the spoils by attacking whichever faction would emerge as the war-ravaged victor). Kirk and the Klingons scramble to find a way off planet to warn their respective governments but the Augments, with their superior tactics and technology, continually outsmart both Starfleet and Klingons, until both factions ultimately outmanoeuvre Khan and his Augments to escape off planet. As a consequence, the Federation and Klingon Empire force disarmament upon the Augments and strip Ceti Alpha V of its scientific, climate-control technology and other advancements in punishment (leading to the events of WOK...].

Balok (Clint Howard). [We still have yet to see any depiction of the First Federation in canon, live-action Trek, other than the few easter-eggs that appeared in Star Trek VI and DS9].

Trelane (William Campbell) [As he was the 'proto-Q' of sorts, I don't see why he couldn't have recurred along those lines. Also, I thought he was far more suited to this role than as Koloth, who I personally feel was one of the weakest Klingon characters in TOS).

Yeoman Mears (Phyllis Douglas) [No, Douglas' reappearance as Mavig doesn't count lol].

Commodore Stone (Percy Rodriguez).

Special Ambassador Robert Fox (Gene Lyons).

TLOZ Lover likes this.
  9. FormerLurker

FormerLurker Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Trelane seemed to be written expressly for William Campbell and his voice and cadence, while he seemed to have merely been cast as Koloth. I doubt the writer had any particular actor in mind, but it sure seemed that way.

Classic_Colin likes this.
  10. Classic_Colin

Classic_Colin Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

They also didn't even make the effort to achieve a minimal standard of the TOS Klingon look with Koloth (no facial hair, golden sash, bronzed skin, etc.).

11. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

12. FormerLurker

FormerLurker Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

TMP established (or tried to) that all male Klingons have some form of beard and/or mustache. Future productions managed to keep this, for the most part, but some handwaving has to go on in regards to the background Klingons in TOS. Every Klingon with dialog has some facial hair, though.

Classic_Colin likes this.
  13. Spock's Barber

Imagine walking around a corner on the Enterprise and bumping into a Gorn! :eek:

johnnybear likes this.
  14. Push The Button

Push The Button Commodore Commodore

It worked on a horse inThe Final Frontier..

15. TLOZ Lover

TLOZ Lover Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Spock might have had to bulk up in the Enterprise gym and use two hands on him. :lol:

16. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Number One returning to the Enterprise on some urgent mission or other could have been a
    I see this picture and wish Number One had returned to the Enterprise.

17. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

There is a SNW story called "Where I Fell Before My Enemy" that involves this Gorn. It's really cool.

18. TLOZ Lover

TLOZ Lover Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I would like to have seen Lts. Riley, Jaeger ("The Squire of Gothos"), and Boma return. Although the series was close to ending at the time, it goes without saying that I would love to have seen Lt. Mira Romaine return as Lt. Mira Scott in another episode or at least in one of the movies. Sorry, I have to get my TLOZ plug in there sometimes! :lol: She was, however, mentioned in a deleted scene (how dare they?) in Star Trek Beyond.

geotrek likes this.
  19. Spock's Barber

[​IMG]

I wanted to see my favorite red shirt, David L. Ross, more often.

20. MANT!

MANT! Vice Admiral Admiral

Even though he was killed..I always
    wanted to see K'Bob the Discount Klingon again.
    [​IMG]

Sibyl likes this.