in Déjà Q, do you feel like the enterprise crew is a bit too mean

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by WildManWizard, Aug 16, 2019 at 7:52 AM.

1. WildManWizard

WildManWizard Lieutenant Red Shirt

to Q? I am definitely biased though as I think they needed Q to take the starch out of their shirts

2. BigDaveX

BigDaveX Captain Captain

The last time they met him, he indirectly got 16 of their crewmembers killed; I think that alone would be enough reason to treat him with extreme caution to begin with.

Lance and penguin44 like this.
  3. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Vice Admiral Admiral

No. He had it coming. Up until then he had spent his life tormenting people for his own amusement.

4. Sakonna

Sakonna Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

My issue with "Deja Q" is a bit of the reverse, how casually they gloss over the suffering/torture of the Calamarain.

5. Timo

Timo Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's a bit unrealistic nobody inflicted any physical harm on Q - say, gouging his eyes out or removing a couple of limbs. But, evolved future humans and all that.

The Calamarain issue is pure hearsay from the POV of our heroes, from the mouth of the God of Lies no less. It's not as if they could do anything but gloss it over.

Timo Saloniemi

6. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

^Didn't Guinan tell him to fork off?

Farscape One and Terok Nor like this.
  7. Prax

Prax Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They treat Q like crap every time he appears. He seems to like it that way

8. Makarov

Makarov Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I kinda think some Starfleet department would immediately seize Q and study him for info rather than let him wander around or sit in a brig, and it would be their top priority

9. Tenacity

Tenacity Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That sounds like a better episode than the one we got.

10. JirinPanthosa

Q only picked human form because the Enterprise was the only one of his victims that values life enough not to murder him on the spot.

PT109 likes this.
  11. suarezguy

suarezguy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think that the crew was as mean as they were and not meaner was nicely human, they weren't paragons of virtue and they didn't just ignore his misdeeds to them, while not going too far and being consistent with them generally yes being idealized.

12. JirinPanthosa

I think they were downright saintly agreeing to protect a criminal from his victims even to the sacrifice of their own safety.