Spoilers IMDB guest actor info for Picard

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by StewMc, Sep 10, 2019.

1. StewMc

StewMc Commodore Commodore

Haven’t seen anything mentioned about this already. Yeah, I know, it’s IMDB, take with a pinch of salt etc. But actors with small roles tend to have their parts listed long before any kind of official announcement, and there’s a few interesting character names credited across the 10 episodes for Picard:

Ep 2
    Graham Shiels as “Tal Shiar”

Ep 5
    Barbara Eve Harris as Captain Emily Bosch
    Jon Ian Dredge as Starfleet Captain (uncredited)

Ep 6
    Lulu Wilson as Kestra

Since Kestra was the name of Troi’s sister, assuming this will be Riker & Troi’s daughter? Flashback seems unlikely. Ep 6 would be around when Frakes was filming as well.

Seems that Starfleet will have some kind of presence in Ep 5 as well.

Leto_II, Galaxy, pst and 2 others like this.
  2. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

Remember Patrick's face when he mentioned that they might have kids in the Nemesis bonus material? "What a thought! :crazy:"

J.D. and StewMc like this.
  3. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

Lulu Wilson was born in 2005. So she'd be the right age to be Riker and Troi's daughter.

4. StewMc

5. WarpFactorZ

WarpFactorZ Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, that's a new development! I guess the question "Will Worf look like a TNG or DISCO Klingon?" will be answered soon.

Although the two signatures look virtually identical. How close in years are they? Could this be a Photoshop troll?

6. eschaton

eschaton Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A quick look at Google suggests it's legit...

[​IMG]

Turtletrekker and Lord Garth like this.
  7. WarpFactorZ

WarpFactorZ Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm not questioning whether it's actually Dorn's signature. I'm just curious if someone copied the signature and pasted it on the other picture, because the two look identical. You would expect slight variations from signature to signature.

Anyway, let's assume it real and look forward to seeing Worf!

Captain Kathryn likes this.
  8. hellojane

hellojane Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

There’s virtually no way it’s a troll or photoshop. The original photo came from the show cinematographer Philip Lanyon’s Instagram. If you check out the original photo, the signature is there.

9. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

Thank God.

10. DaveyNY

DaveyNY Admiral Admiral

DaveyNY from Skin-Neck-Ta-Dee (Schenectady)
    Not to be a Davey-Downer but...

Ya know, it's quite possible that that is just something done as a lark and has nothing to do with any actual episode.
    It might have been a day when they were all just visiting the PICARD set and somebody had the idea on a whim.

Eric1981 likes this.
  11. Danlav05

Danlav05 Commodore Commodore

Really glad about this - hopefully we'll see Starfleet ships as well - it will be interesting to see how they do it aesthetically after the Kelvin movies and DSC .

Andru likes this.
  12. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I cannot wait until Picard establishes canon futures for the Next Gen crew which aren't as fans expected or wrote fanfic about or that Star Trek Online said or the Novelverse established. There will be glorious nerdrage.

ITDUDE, donners22, Andru and 8 others like this.
  13. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

We know at least one character posted on IMDb a couple months back was real, confirmed by the actress.

So people with inside knowledge have been posting things on there, so it could be true.

14. caseylee4ts

caseylee4ts Lieutenant Red Shirt

Same. However, if they did it exactly like as written in fanfic, STO, or the novelverse, I think there will also be glorious nerdrage.

15. Danlav05

HA! It's a pity some of the future history established by STO, and the novelverse is being blown out of space (like Romulus!) even IDW's Countdown seems to be ignored, which Kurtzman himself helped write!

I admit I thought Picard would never become an Admiral, he'd retire from the Enterprise and maybe spend a few years as an Ambassador.

Dare I go into fan films - Hidden Frontier, it's spin-offs and Intrepid took the post-Nemesis era forward by about 6 or 7 years, and of course Renegades featured several Voyager characters 10 years on from their return.

But the pre-2399 timeline makes me want to learn more - we know we're getting a prequel comic, novel, Short Trek and even flashback scenes. From the Picard exhibition we know Picard was promoted in 2381 and retired in 2386 - a year before Hobus exploded and destroyed Romulus.

And what of the other characters? I'm hoping at least some of the returnees are still in Starfleet.

16. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I loved how Hidden Frontier saved Romulus in their final episode. They just noped the supernova with one shot of some kind of special torpedo they had:lol:
    If Robert Picardo does return as Doc Zimmerman in Picard season 2 as rumoured (and Zimmerman is hinted at by Picardo), he'll be the first Trek actor to play their role, then continue it in a fan film and then play it again in a canonical Trek production.

17. Danlav05

Second - George Takei filmed Yorktown in 1985!

Picardo said that he didn't want to play the EMH with his program 'aged up' hence he did Renegades as Zimmerman. He sounded older in Online though.

I love the irony that Walter Koenig developed Pavel Chekov through his 3 or 4 fan productions - they were the only times he played the role as a Captain or Admiral, except (again!) Online (same with dear Nichelle as Uhura.)

F. King Daniel likes this.
  18. StewMc

The almost certainty of Countdown being thrown out the window seems to be causing the biggest outrage, though I for one am glad to see the back of that one, it always felt like an alternate universe to me but could never put my finger on why. Maybe just don’t like the idea of General Worf or Ambassador Picard.

I like the novelverse, and enjoyed STO for what it was when I played it years ago, but happy to have a fresh start for Picard.

Paul Weaver likes this.
  19. ITDUDE

ITDUDE Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Star Wars did it first :guffaw:

F. King Daniel likes this.
  20. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

Re: Countdown: To expect a new Star Trek series to have to adhere to a 10+ year old non-canon comic that almost nobody read and was itself contradicted by the movie it was meant to be a prequel to is just silly.

The Wormhole and StewMc like this.