If we see the Enteprise D what sort fo updates could we expect???...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by Dar70, Aug 21, 2022.

1. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

So do I, but there’s a bit of a difference between having a new ship (say, when the D was introduced in TNG, or the nuBattlestar Galactica in nuBSG) because somebody wanted to put their own spin on a classic design, and having a new ship that’s actually supposed to be the same ship as another ship during the same time period, yet looks completely different from that former design because somebody wanted to put their own spin on a classic design.

I probably could have worded that better, but there you go.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2022
    Paul755 likes this.
  2. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

To me, it's a distinction without much of a difference in the imaginative world of scifi media. Scifi for me is meant to inspire the imagination by journeying alongside characters. The design elements are less important as details as characters are. So, a reimagining of a ship won't put me off a story, anymore than if a sailing ship is wrong in a dramatic recreation of the Napoleonic Wars.

Mileage will vary as to the degree of importance.

Qonundrum and Tuskin38 like this.
  3. Pubert

Pubert Vice Admiral Admiral

The bridge has aged well and looks fantastic even on high def. It doesn't really need to be changed at all.

Richard S. Ta likes this.
  4. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

replace the CRTs with flat screens and static screens with functional ones.

5. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

And cover up the console screws :D

Vale likes this.
  6. fireproof78

Get rid of the beige and tans and dull colors. In high def it looks...dull.

7. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

And you’re welcome to that opinion. I happen to prefer more consistency than you do. And an appreciation of the effort to maintain that consistency in all forms, whether it be story consistency or visual consistency.

8. fireproof78

I cam appreciate it too. It's just not a deal breaker for me.

9. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

it is not a deal breaker for me either. It is simply a wish that if one makes a product that ostensibly is supposed to take place in a certain time period, and that there are already visual cues as to how that time period looks, that those cues are adhered to and not just ignored in favor of a completely different spin on those cues.

But alas, I’m delving into topics that this thread isn’t really about. So suffice it to say that I hope that if we see the Enterprise-D bridge, that it faithfully recreates the bridge from the show, and not someone else’s interpretation of how it should look to today’s modern Trek-watching audience.

Enterprise1701 likes this.
  10. fireproof78

Likely as not you will get your wish since Season 3 is not for a modern audience.