If any Marvel movie crossover were possible

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Ethros, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

They could do what the Avengers cartoon did, and have Cap address one of the soldiers as "Howlett, are we covered?" with the guy (Hugh Jackman) replying "I'm on it, bub!"

2. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

I'd rather he be called Logan. Seems to me in the comics he was using that name by WWII. And the whole "James Howlett" thing continues to irk me to no end.

3. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

The 'go fuck yourself' scene wouldn't work in Captain America. in F-MEN: FC Logan was able to tell Charles and Eric, who were two civilians, whatever he wanted. Presumably if he told Bucky and Cap the same thing, he'd be disobeying orders?

4. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Here's $250 million and a magical contract that ignores and is unhindered by real-life contracts. Get to work!

5. Nerys Myk

Not sure how the "chain of command" worked with the allied forces. Cap's in the American army and Logan is in the Canadian.

6. Skywalker

Yeah. Logan still wouldn't be able to just tell an American officer to go fuck himself, but I don't think he'd have to follow Cap's orders unless his own superiors told him otherwise.

7. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Was he? I thought that in Origins, he was in the US Army?

8. Nerys Myk

Might make for a great Canadian vs American brawl like in the Devils Brigade though. ;)

9. Skywalker

In addition to The Last Stand, we're also ignoring Origins. :shifty:

10. Nerys Myk

Origins :barf:

11. Methos

Methos Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

origins is widely accepted as a joke...

Logan served in the Canadian military as far as the comics are concerned during world war 2

M

12. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

i want a live action adaptation of either Ultimate Spider-Man's Clone Saga or an adaptation of Ultimates 2.

preferably the second one: Ultimates (Avengers), Spidey, F4, X-Men and EU Super Soldiers VS Norse trolls and ogres, in Washington DC.

'nuff said.

13. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

Merging the X-Verse Singer created in the first two movies with the existing Marvel Cinematic Universe wouldn't be too hard. For one thing, none of the super-beings in the MCU are exactly widely loved and respected so there'd be little wondering of "Why are mutants treated so much worse than the Avengers?" since they aren't.

And the Avengers are a Government/UN force rather than a public vigilante group which also adds to it.

Weapon X in the comics was supposedly a growth from the Super Soldier Program, where they figured it was easier to alter/control mutants rather than go to the trouble of augmenting baseline humans. So there's more connection.

But folks, I seriously doubt they'd be able to pull off the whole Dark Phoenix storyline with the Shi'Ar in the movies. Maybe SHIELD are the ones who want her terminated instead of the Shi'Ar.

14. Nerys Myk

When it come to Phoenix either go Cosmic or go home.

15. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

I would like to see Marvels 1-4 done as a movie. There's your crossover dream team! With the lead from Breaking Bad as the protagonist.

16. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

In a perfect world where Marvel could create an integrated filmic universe for its characters regardless of which individual studio owned the rights to certain characters, I'd do three things:
    1) Bring SHIELD and Nick Fury (either in person or through proxy) into the world established by X-Men First Class (which, although intended by the producers to be a prequel to the universe that Bryan Singer established with the original X-Men movie back in 2000, actually serves much better as a reboot) using the characters of Moira MacTaggert and Oliver Platt's 'Man in Black' as 'lynchpins' to re-establish a connection/link between the United States government (through SHIELD) and Xavier and his 'X-Men'

2) Use Nick Fury and SHIELD in a modern-day reboot of Fantastic Four (set after the events of The Avengers) by having Fury or another person connected to SHIELD show up at the Baxter Building to talk to Richards and Co. after they've come back from their 'disastrous' space mission and debuted themselves publicly as the Fantastic Four, establishing that Fury wants the foursome to work directly for/with him and SHIELD, and with Richards turning the invitation down

3) Write a reference to the existing Marvel flimic U (i.e. the events of The Avengers) into The Amazing Spider-Man

I'd also take the reins of the Ghost Rider 'requel' and do some subtle integration work by dropping hints as to how SHIELD might fit into Ghost Rider's activities, and also to other characters with a supernatural bent such as Doctor Strange and Blade, thus 'setting the table' for films based on those characters.

That way, you'd have a filmic universe with X-Men, Spider-Man, the Four, and The Avengers (both as a group and as individuals) as your 'tentpole' franchises, with Ghost Rider, Doctor Strange, and Blade as 'secondary' franchises and room for additional characters to have their stories translated to film.

17. Skywalker

To be honest, as much fun as it might be to see huge crossovers, I prefer to have the X-Men universe stand on its own. It's difficult for me, personally, to reconcile the treatment of mutants by humans when there are countless other 'regular' humans out there with superpowers, too. I know it's been touched on in this thread and in others, and some people don't have a problem with it, but I just find it odd. So yeah, while I'd like to see Marvel get full control of the X-Men property again, I kind of like that it's under another studio's control because I prefer the X-Men to be in their own universe.

18. Nerys Myk

The only downside is not seeing classic Avengers characters who are connected to the X-Men.

19. Skywalker

See, I was never much into The Avengers while growing up (I was mostly an X-Men kid), so that doesn't really bother me. :ouch:

20. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

I always thought that the Phoenix Saga was just a silly Star Wars cash-in.

It's never going to work on-screen, especially with X-Men because having some cosmic quest to stop some crazy bird-man in pink doesn't mesh with the "Oppressed superbeings" moral of the X-Men.

And I do think that Singer's X-Verse would mesh well with the existing Marvel Movieverse because so far the public DOESN'T love their non-mutants superheroes (except Captain America), and they're all under SHIELD authority in the first place.

Dark Phoenix works out just as well if its SHIELD who think DP needs to be taken down for Earth's safety instead of the Shi'Ar.