IDW TNG/DS9 crossover in 2019?

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by DS9forever, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Kertrats47

Kertrats47 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Fair enough, she actually popped into my head while I was thinking about this, too. Plus the fact that she was even asked what her favourite biscuit is for the newly-added biscuit dispenser on her TARDIS! :lol:

2. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

Yes, I did, but you hadn't told ryan123450 which issue it was in.

I haven't got my stuff out of storage since reading about the pre-ENT homage to Scott Bakula in an interview years after the fact. I think it was an early DS9 comic? The artist was excited that he had drawn Bakula in a Trek comic long before ENT came along.

3. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ok cool. Maybe I’ll stumble upon it in my comic reading someday.

Therin of Andor likes this.
  4. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Are you sure it was Bakula? There is a captain in the first storyline of Malibu's DS9 comic who's modeled on musician/TV host John Tesh (who also played a holographic Klingon in a TNG episode, IIRC), but I don't remember a character modeled on Bakula.

5. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

Come to think of it, Archer/Bakula did change his haircut for season 3 and 4 to be shorter and combed to the front. Not quite bangs, but still hairline-extending. (The Waypoint comic used his season 1/2 haircut)

Another Doctor Who example that comes to mind is the story about Matt Smith's first costume test, which was based off Steven Moffat's initial ideas, and was described as looking a bit like Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean. Apparently, Smith just couldn't hide how miserable he felt in the outfit, so they let him take the lead and that's how they ended up with the old professor look.

6. Therin of Andor

Yes, I do remember the John Tesh cameo, but no, this was an artist boasting in an interview about using Bakula's image, but I never had the chance to check my back issues before they went into storage.

7. Daddy Todd

Daddy Todd Commodore Commodore

Is your DVD of all the comics in storage too? I never read actual, dead-tree comic books anymore. It’s far too convenient to read them on my iPad in an application called Comic Flow. I have hundreds (thousands?) of comics at my fingertips.

I’ll look through some of the Malibu DS9 issues and see what I can find.

8. Therin of Andor

Probably. Sigh. I have two copies of that and haven't seen either since all my Trek books and CDs had to be boxed up in a hurry.

9. Daddy Todd

Daddy Todd Commodore Commodore

Oh my! That’s terrible!

:brickwall::scream::wah: