I finally got all of Trek on DVD!

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by I am not Spock, Jul 16, 2010.

1. I am not Spock

I am not Spock Commodore Commodore

Today, I completed my collection of Trek episodes on DVD. I now have every episode of every series, and all 11 movies. (Except for TAS, but only because I can't find the DVD boxset anywhere)

The last two seasons I got, today, were ENT season 1 and TNG season 1. Maybe because they're my least favourite seasons of all Star Trek, but I'm a completist, so, there you are!

Now to find time to watch all this stuff.;)

2. Willieck

Willieck Commander Red Shirt

Have fun. I watch at least two every day but then I am retired. It's amazing how quickly you get through them.

3. I am not Spock

^Yeah. The only problem is deciding which episodes to watch. There's more than 700!

4. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

If you don't have TAS you don't have "all of Trek on DVD".

I-Chaya would not approve. Just sayin'.

5. I am not Spock

^True. I plan to get it, if I can find a copy anywhere.

6. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I got mine at JB Hi Fi but that was a couple years ago. It's pretty cheap on ebay.

Anyway I'm just giving you a hard time, LOL. CONGRATS on all your Trek. I know I watch mine all the time though it took me years to acquire. It was certainly worth it!

7. Xenu Cruise

Xenu Cruise Lieutenant Red Shirt

I keep hoping they'll make some of those nice "Complete Series" sets for DS9 and VOY like they did for TNG. I'm guessing that is unlikely...

8. milo bloom

milo bloom Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The varied and beautiful Chicagoland suburbs.
    Somebody needs to sig that ASAP. I may do it myself.

9. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

How ironic...today I bought my first ever Trek series on DVD: Season one of ENT that Wal-mart now sells for 20 bucks.

10. SG-17

SG-17 Commodore Commodore

I barely have a collection started, I have XI on Blu-Ray and Insurrection on DVD (I got it because it was selling for $1). I plan to pick up TOS on DVD (or Blu-ray?) before the end of the year, then get ENT, TNG, VOY, DS9, and the rest of the movies in that order.

11. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

I've got all of Trek on dvd and also! Well, my buddy does. His name is Netflix. But I can borrow from him at a day's notice anytime... :p

12. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I did too, except I don't have the Animated Series or Nemesis. I'm actually looking forward to continuing my watching of Enterprise, which I decided was my summer project in terms of what to watch. Few years ago it was Farscape, last year it was Babylon 5, this year it's revisiting Enterprise. Good times.

13. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

Amazon is currently selling it for $21.49, discounted from $39.99.

14. Yeoman Randi

Yeoman Randi Vice Admiral Admiral

Congratulations on completing your collection! I've never seen TAS (and don't own it), have seen some of Ent, but don't own that yet. That's the next set i plan on buying and rewatching in it's entirety. HAVE FUN!!!!!!

15. DrTikhon

DrTikhon Ensign Red Shirt

I've got Season one of ENT, that's it.

I'm hoping that sometime in the next 5 years they start releasing complete series sets on Blu-ray.

16. Xenu Cruise

Xenu Cruise Lieutenant Red Shirt

Same here. Definitely a savings of a few hundred bucks. Plus I'd be more inclined to watch the DVDs if I requested them from Netlix instead of just having them sit on my shelf.

17. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Congratulations! I'm still working on it after many, many years. I have the complete TOS and TAS. I have seasons 1 to 5 of TNG, season 3 of DS9, no VOY, no ENT, and I have all of the movies from TMP to STXI. I also have the Alternative Realities, Captain's Log and Time Travel collections.

18. Wynterhawk

Wynterhawk Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That's pretty cool, your collection. I can't bring myself to spend money on the other series other than TOS, so I most likely won't complete my collection... unless I get them as gifts. :)

(Hey, Sarek, I like your blog :) )

19. Roberta Lincoln

Roberta Lincoln Commander Red Shirt

Keep checking Amazon and Ebay if you want to get TAS -- they come up fairly often

20. SFRabid

SFRabid Commodore Commodore

I made the mistake of buying TNG on Ebay and then waiting a few months to watch it. Some of the DVD's have problems. After some research it seems a lot of people who bought the single box TNG set had some bad DVD's. There is almost no hope of getting them replaced so I had to find other ways of getting alternate DVD's for those.