Poll Hypothetical Star Trek ebook bundle

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Hyperion, Nov 18, 2017.

?

Would you be interested in such a bundle and how much a discount would you need to purchase

1. No

8 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. Yes and I would buy without a discount

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes, 5% discount

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes, 10% discount

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Yes, 25% discount

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Yes, 50% discount

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Hyperion

Hyperion Ensign Newbie

Hypothetically speaking if Simon & Schuster/Pocket Books were to offer all the Star Trek ebooks (minus duplicates from various compilations) in a massive bundle would you be interested in purchasing it and if so how much of a discount would you expect.

Also, what do you think of the likelihood of such a bundle ever being offer?

2. Daddy Todd

Daddy Todd Commodore Commodore

I have already purchased vast numbers of Pocket Star Trek e-books, so I'm not interested in an all-inclusive bundle unless it credited me for the ones I've already bought.

So, I voted NO

3. Idran

Idran Commodore Commodore

Same

4. 20fridge

20fridge Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I doubt they would do a comprehensive bundle. I wouldn't be surprised by a themed bundle at a discount (like TOS e-books).

5. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Okie dokie! Moderator

I can't say I have a tonne of the ebooks already, but I do have enough that I could probably not justify buying a bundle of everything, so I voted No.

And even if I didn't have a single one already... I don't know how many Star Trek novels there are in total... let's guess 600? The price for a new release Star Trek ebook novel in Canada is $8.99. (For now we'll assume that price for all 600 books, and ignore the fact that half of the older Star Trek ebook novels are ridiculously expensive, but if you want more detail on that, go check out the E-Book Pricing Alerts thread.) So even at a 50% discount, the total would be $2697 plus sales tax, which is waaaay too much for me to be able to afford in one lump sum.

TBH, I don't even get the poll option "Yes, and I would buy without a discount". If there's no discount at all, what's even the point of bundling them? Saving you 599 "add to cart" clicks doesn't really sound like a worthwhile tradeoff just by itself.

That being said, I am a big proponent of them actually doing smaller bundles (eg - a Vanguard bundle, a Rihannsu bundle, etc.) But they would have to be at a discount over buying the titles individually, or else what's the point?

6. DrCorby

DrCorby Captain Captain

Yep, me too.

Now that would be great! I switched to only buying ebooks of new releases a couple of years ago (due to running low on shelf space), so I only have a few of the Vanguard and Voyager relaunch novels as ebooks, so bundles of those, even at a small discount, would be very welcome!

7. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

If Humble Bundle had an offer of, say, 30-40 ebooks at the $15 tier, I'd be interested in that.

8. dstyer

dstyer Commander Red Shirt

In case anyone's interested, according to the Simon and Shuster site the book series "The Fall" will have all it's e-books down to 99 cents apiece starting December 3rd for the month. This should be something that is not limited to the U.S., like some of the other e-book deals I've found.

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm going to be a big no, if my math is correct, there are approximately 546 Star Trek books, over 100 of which I already own, and many I'm not really interested in, so I'm not about to waste hundreds or thousands of dollars on something that I have no use for. I honestly can't really see very many going for something like this, anybody whose a hardcore enough Trek Lit fan to want something like this has probably already been buying the books and won't need all of them at one time.
    Now if they did smaller bundles by theme or series, that I could see people going for.