How long until... SHATNER?

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by F. King Daniel, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

That Gorn suits still looks better than the CGI Gorn on "Enterprise."

Jason

bigdaddy likes this.
  2. Kirk Prime

Kirk Prime Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That's simply false. He was never offered a thing. They wrote a cameo, but never showed it to the man, and never offered him anything. They had one meeting, long before that happened.

Phoenix219 likes this.
  3. JKM

JKM Commander Red Shirt

I rather think it's a moot point. Shatner himself has said he isn't interested in doing another series. Appearances sure, but at his stage of life, he doesn't want to put in the time it would require for something like a series and I don't blame him. And if he makes an appearance say like on Discovery, as he has mentioned he wouldn't mind doing, I highly doubt it would be as James T Kirk, though I suppose it isn't entirely outside the realm of possibility if they computer generate his character and use his voice. But that's rather pricey as far as CGI goes and I don't see them doing that since they're apparently going the Spock route as far as using a TOS character.

4. Nyotarules

Nyotarules Vice Admiral Moderator

He can play Jim Kirk;s grandfather, Tiberius Kirk descendant of Denny Crane

5. Phoenix219

Phoenix219 Commodore Commodore

That ship has sailed.... an absolutely fantastic episode was scripted that would have been *perfect* for Shatner to take on.... Vic nailed Old Kirk pretty good himself, but I can't watch the episode without thinking, *this was it... Shatner/Prime Kirk's last chance at a meaningful, oldschool nostalgic swan song.* It saddens me every time.

6. Danlav05

Danlav05 Commodore Commodore

I did watch that wondering if it was written for Shatner to appear?

7. Phoenix219

Phoenix219 Commodore Commodore

It's purely speculation, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was the original intent. STC had to go into overdrive and make their last batch of episodes quickly, with the guidelines now in place. They may have no longer felt secure attempting such a big name Trek alumnus, and at some point there may have been a falling out between Bill and Vic. It's all a bit unclear. It may just be that they had to rush it, but it is definitely possible that they always intended to do it classic trek style with the deadly years make up and Vic playing both parts.

8. guyute03

guyute03 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It would take more money that they want to spend so I'm not holding my breath for Shatner's return. Honestly it's fine with me too, I'm okay with how Generations treated him.