House ends with this season

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Temis the Vorta, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^I've heard the suggestion that the finale should be about the team having to diagnose how House died, or something like that. It occurs to me that maybe such a finale could revolve around the kind of question they often asked of their patients: Was House's... House-ness the result of an underlying medical condition, or just the way he was?

2. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

He goes back to prison and ends up in the same cell block as the cast of Seinfeld.

3. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

That would be an amazing finale! I like it!

Runner up would be the idea of him ending up a blues musician. I like that too! :lol:

4. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

I really like this idea. It would be great closure for House and for his friends/co-workers.

5. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Yeah, Snaploud came up with the idea and you added the best part... The episode ends with House saying "Morons!"

When I was trying to remember that discussion here, I had the episode ending in a misdiagnosis and House saying something to the effect of... "It was lupus. Idiots!" Thanks to Allyn Gibson's post for putting the lupus bit in my head.

6. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

If he dies, the autopsy tells them every thing quickly.

House wins the lottery.

80 million dollars.

House shows up for work the next day.

"House you don't have to work anymore, you have 80 million dollars, what are you doing here."

'Morons!"

7. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

A quick google search found this:

http://main.uab.edu/show.asp?durki=63570

The corollary, of course, is that a cause of death isn't confirmed in 5% of autopsies. I think it's quite possible that the doclings would be working on a diagnosis as the clock winds down to House's eventual burial (especially if the death caught them by surprise and they didn't have time to do any diagnosing prior to the death).

More to the point, though, it would make a great story. It would force the doclings to analyze House's personality from both a diagnostic perspective and a personal perspective. Who was House? Was he just a jackass, or was an undiagnosed illness the real cause for his personality quirks?

It's exactly the type of mystery that House loves to solve, and it would be a great way to provide closure for the doclings.

8. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

9. Joe Washington

Joe Washington Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Maybe they can, at least, make mention of Cuddy or her off-screen life in the finale.

10. Guy Gardener

Remember the wedding Singer?

"What happened to my fiance? That whore was hit by a car and now she's dead."

On Greys Anatomy a few weeks back they had a mirror Universe episode, and in this fractured history, since kathrine Hiegl was busy making awful movies, they explained away her fate as being locked up in a nut house after the season 2/3 stuff with Denny went terribly wrong. Stuck his heart in a satchel and went on the run, which is funny enough exactly what happened in the real world with Mary Shelly and Percy Shelly.

What the South Park kids did to Issac Hayes was unforgivable.

11. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

It sounds like she wasn't asked, but it's hard to tell, even from her comment. I hope they can pull something together like they did with Rosenbaum and Smallville. That was a last minute thing too. If not, I hope we at least have her character involved somehow, like via phone or whatever. I'm thinking of the last scene in Birds of Prey.

12. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm somewhat amused by all the mystery regarding Lisa's lack of return. She made it very clear when she left the show that she was doing so because she had grown tired of the role and had played the role for too long. This is an interview she did with TV Gudie back in Oct.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Lisa-Edelstein-House-Good-Wife-1038756.aspx

They practically had to beg to get Rosey to return for the finale, and it took several conversations and a lot of convincing before he finally agreed to do it. He basically stated he came back "for the fans". Perhaps Lisa will have her mind changed, but I doubt it.

13. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I doubt she was asked to come back, and honestly I haven't missed her one bit this season. They did a good excuse for her not being around. Wilson maybe saying she is doing well in Florida (or somewhere) would be fine. The show has moved on from her, and Lisa has moved on from the show.

14. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

I'm disappointed that she won't be back but I can't say I'm surprised.

15. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Oh Lisa, well I can still enjoy you in all your glory in the episodes that we have. I wish there'd be something to tie-up her character in the show even if it's just a few lines or one-side of a phone call.

16. Guy Gardener

What about her kid?

Rachel was it?

They could use the kid, make her sick to prove that Cuddy is in the hospital, but wants her distance from anything that reminds her of House.

17. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

"I have a lot on my plate", she said. I just looked at IMDB and, yes, while she has been involved in a couple of things since her last House appearance aired, nothing she's planning on doing in the future seems like it would be the kind of relatively high-profile work that House provided. Something definitely seems very odd about her departure and rather chilled attitude towards coming back for the finale.

I, too, am in reluctant agreement that House is finally wrapping up. Hugh Laurie has said, pretty much unequivocally, that there will not be a Season 9. I'm actually kind of surprised that, according to one post earlier on, he said he would entertain it. That seems a bit anathema to what he has been consistently saying this past year. His family is still in the UK and almost lost them during the course of the show due to the time commitment involved. I think he's done.

18. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

I've always thought Cuddy was the most boring part of the show, can't say I've missed her at all. I'm glad they're not doing some horribly trite, cameo guest appearance, wrap up the relationship junk. That would be a seriously weak finale, if you ask me.

19. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

IMDb only covers film and TV work. Edelstein has other interests, which according to her IMDb bio include the theater, writing, composing music, painting, and working for charities. She could have plenty on her plate that wouldn't be listed on her filmography.

20. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

^^^ Very good point.

I do still maintain, however, that the situation surrounding her departure from the show still seems odd, as does her less-than-enthusiastic response to reprising her role one more time in the finale. At the end of the day, it's a paycheck and I would think that she would be professional enough to put some personal feelings aside to at least do one more gig in that genre. If her chilled attitude is so public, my gut instinct tells me there was more to her departure than a simple contracting/salary issue.